It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
(male)

limeridge123 HB Userlimeridge123 HB User
fingers in pain

Hi there just the last few months I have had massive pain in my hans. Fingers
etc. I just started taking advil to help a bit. I did go see a doc but they said it could be all the wear and tear of what I do. Has anyone had this problem with a situation like this. If so can you let me know what you do to get rid of all the pain in the fingers.
Limeridge

The following user gives a hug of support to limeridge123:
silentwarrior (03-16-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: fingers in pain

A long acting antiinflamatory would be a good start - like advil, but somthing you only need to take once or twice a day, that will give you round the clock pain releif..... Mobic or Naprosyn are common examples. Mobic is a good one because it is very unlikely to upset the stomach or lead to ulcers etc. It is also generic and dirt cheap.

A prescription is needed for these, so you will need to head back to your doctor. While taking an antiinflamatory, you can still use Tylenol/acetaminophen "as needed" for breakthrough pain (but not Advil)

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Last edited by jonnstar; 03-16-2011 at 05:22 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnstar For This Useful Post:
silentwarrior (03-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
(female)

silentwarrior HB User

I get flare ups with lupus that give me extreme pain in fingers, hands, wrists. I have heard that the NSAIDS (like Johnstar recommended) often does truly help this type of pain.

I can't take NSAIDS due to being on a blood thinner so for extreme flare ups I limit use of hands, take my oxycodone and use two gel heating packs that I wrap around my hands. The heat helps me a lot.

I hope you find relief and feel better soon.

Peace,

SW

The Following User Says Thank You to silentwarrior For This Useful Post:
limeridge123 (03-16-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

sounds like lupus or fibro or both. It is not wear and tear sir.

Do the ANA testing to see if you have any disease plus ask your doc for gabapentin which is for nerve pain it works for fibromyaliga also. NSID won't help you. You even told us it helps only a little bit.

all the best.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi, I have the same except I have Bony Type lumps on my fingers as well. They can go red/stiff and painful. I had an X Ray a week ago to see what it was.
I cant take Anti-Inflammatories as I have had stomach ulcer. My Dr said to be sure to keep them warm in cold weather and to exercise them gently. I also rub (Ibuprofen Gel) into them. They say Manuka-Honey is good for Arthritis. I wait to see what the X Ray reveals . Take Care, Solofelix.

Closed Thread