It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

kittypryde HB User
Unhappy Introduction from a chick with lots of pain

Hi there fellow sufferers,

Sure feels good to be among even a virtual community of people to listen and to learn from.

Some of this is in my profile, I hope this post meets standards, I couldn't figure out the "stick notes" thing...

I have: Herniated discs in cervical(2) as well as in Lumbar, tendinitis in R shoulder, carpal tunnel, inverted or reversed cervical spine & hyper-mobility (I can bend my thumbs comfortably down to touch the inside of my formarms).

That's it so far, more CT, MRI & EMG fun to come! Cervical spine stuff was not triggered by any accident, Lumbar and Shoulder problems are from getting in car accident, hit by (likely drunk) driver on St. Patrick's Day this year while pulling into our garage. They floored their SUV from a stopped position to our back & R (we passed them on our way to our house) about 3 houses behind us on a tiny 1 way private street (20 mph). We were at a 90 degree angle to them, they slammed into our rear truck on driver's side, spinning our car 180 degrees & collapsing our bench seat (totaled our car, bent frame) going so fast w/ such force that they spun us & then hit 3 other parked cars before rolling over onto thier drivers side, wheels in the air. They were fine-ish, talking and moving when last we saw their irresponsible asses as I was loaded on a back-board into an ambulance.

I've been in a mess of no-fault, lawyer & medical testing hell for over a month. This accident nearly killed us & killed a car with only 100,000 miles on it, a loved car, well take care of. 1992 Olds Cutlass Sierra that was my Grandmother's & then my Father's who both passed within the last 6 years.

I'm 30, hobble with a cane while commuting 3 hours (round trip) or more each day from NY to NJ on 3 trains.

I run a department in a job that doesn't appreciate me. I have performed excellently & worked 100's of hours of overtime and saved the company tons in man hours and procedural changes. The job, however, is giving me guff because these injuries & appointments have caused slightly inconsistent hours (all time off I took was covered by vacation & sick days & my workload has never suffered).

I'm in constant pain, 24-7, and have missed so many things I've wanted to do as a result of this totally senseless & easily preventable accident which the other drivers have taken (are were at) %100 fault for.

Friends have disappointed me, not supported me while others have been wonderful. It's really hard. Thank the universe I have a wonderful partner of almost 6 years who has stuck by me through it all. He has an auto-immune disease. We are a sickly Juliet and Romeo for sure, but he's amazing & I'm a very lucky girl.

Thanks for even bothering to read this far. I look forward to reading all of your posts & gaining support from others like me out there who struggle with chronic pain and serious medical conditions & giving it back twofold.

Nice to meet you.

The following user gives a hug of support to kittypryde:
mytrose43 (04-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

mytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB Usermytrose43 HB User
Re: Introduction from a chick with lots of pain

Hi I just wanted to let you know you are not alone ,and i wish you the best my pain is more from natural causes lol .I have fibromyalgia and arthritus as well as diabetic nueropothy (sorry about spelling) This has caused me alot of pain and i am unable to do much i use a cane and at times a walker i am hoping for a knee replacement to help with some of the pain enough that i can at least go for walks with my grandkids I take pain medicine but it only takes the edge off for the most part and i take pretty strong stuff hoping to get off some of it any way welcome aboard and i hope some one will be able to help you .best wishes Valerie

Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittypryde View Post
Hi there fellow sufferers,

Sure feels good to be among even a virtual community of people to listen and to learn from.

Some of this is in my profile, I hope this post meets standards, I couldn't figure out the "stick notes" thing...

I have: Herniated discs in cervical(2) as well as in Lumbar, tendinitis in R shoulder, carpal tunnel, inverted or reversed cervical spine & hyper-mobility (I can bend my thumbs comfortably down to touch the inside of my formarms).

That's it so far, more CT, MRI & EMG fun to come! Cervical spine stuff was not triggered by any accident, Lumbar and Shoulder problems are from getting in car accident, hit by (likely drunk) driver on St. Patrick's Day this year while pulling into our garage. They floored their SUV from a stopped position to our back & R (we passed them on our way to our house) about 3 houses behind us on a tiny 1 way private street (20 mph). We were at a 90 degree angle to them, they slammed into our rear truck on driver's side, spinning our car 180 degrees & collapsing our bench seat (totaled our car, bent frame) going so fast w/ such force that they spun us & then hit 3 other parked cars before rolling over onto thier drivers side, wheels in the air. They were fine-ish, talking and moving when last we saw their irresponsible asses as I was loaded on a back-board into an ambulance.

I've been in a mess of no-fault, lawyer & medical testing hell for over a month. This accident nearly killed us & killed a car with only 100,000 miles on it, a loved car, well take care of. 1992 Olds Cutlass Sierra that was my Grandmother's & then my Father's who both passed within the last 6 years.

I'm 30, hobble with a cane while commuting 3 hours (round trip) or more each day from NY to NJ on 3 trains.

I run a department in a job that doesn't appreciate me. I have performed excellently & worked 100's of hours of overtime and saved the company tons in man hours and procedural changes. The job, however, is giving me guff because these injuries & appointments have caused slightly inconsistent hours (all time off I took was covered by vacation & sick days & my workload has never suffered).

I'm in constant pain, 24-7, and have missed so many things I've wanted to do as a result of this totally senseless & easily preventable accident which the other drivers have taken (are were at) %100 fault for.

Friends have disappointed me, not supported me while others have been wonderful. It's really hard. Thank the universe I have a wonderful partner of almost 6 years who has stuck by me through it all. He has an auto-immune disease. We are a sickly Juliet and Romeo for sure, but he's amazing & I'm a very lucky girl.

Thanks for even bothering to read this far. I look forward to reading all of your posts & gaining support from others like me out there who struggle with chronic pain and serious medical conditions & giving it back twofold.

Nice to meet you.
Hi, Give us some time frame. Also let us know how your rehabilitation progress has been. Have you any signs of injury such as muscle waekness you can tell us about. Presumably with 24/7 pain you are getting little or no sleep.
James

Old 05-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Hello Kitty, sorry to hear about your car accident. It happened to me too and never been the same person as I was before the accident. I am 24/7 in pain. I agree, I think you do not sleep at night cause of this pain in the neck.

Tell me, what hurts you more, the neck or the back???

I do not have anybody who believes me I have chronic pain - they think I fake it.
I look normal and healthy. Nobody cares.

Car injuries are tricky you know?. You never know what they future holds. Sounds like you had a whiplash hurting your back and possibly making your neck worse. you never know. You can also get fibro from car accident years down the road. and no sleep.

Life will never be the same.

Closed Thread