It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

tooyong4pain HB User
Red face Will ANYBODY listen?

I am a 27yr old female with 2 daughters, and I live daily with chronic pain! I have been recently dx with sacroliac dysfuction (loose pelvis) But this is just the start of this problem.

In 2008 I had a spinal fusion of my c3-c4 but only after suffering for 3 years with the pain would my Dr listen to me. She did a wonderful job fixing my neck, but now I am dealing with sever pain in my low back. I don't know what to do now.

Because this problem is with my joints the Dr who preformed surgery on my neck cannot help me. I have been suffering with CP for years now and cannot find a doc to take it seriously and not treat me as a "druggie". Yes I do need the medications to get threw my day but that is because of the pain NOT to get "high"!! I have been to a few Doc's about this problem and the most anyone will give me is 5mg percocets but they don't do NOTHING!!! Even when I tell them that they don't help and my pain is still an 8 (1-10 scale), all I here is, "You don't need anything else and have to manage!"

I mean lets get real I have 2 young children that I am rasing on my own, I work full time as a medical biller and I sit all day but the pain is so bad that I have to leave early and I am in fear of loosing my job! I need something to HELP. I have to run and hide in my room so that my daughters don't see the tears that I cry just from bending over to give them a bath!! I hate living like this and all I need is a Doc that will listen and treat me as a person!

I have had injections and physicial therapy all with NO relief! I feel so stuck! I do all that they ask me to do but still they just see me as an addict! I just don't get it, these "pill heads" can walk into these dr's and get EVERYTHING they want but the people who ARE in pain get treated like crimals!

Does anyone on here know of a Doc in the DC metro area that will see me and treat me?

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: tooyong4pain
angelwings54 (06-26-2011), Eva32159 (06-20-2011), molliefrog24 (07-05-2011), texasjazzyapple (08-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

Eva32159 HB User
Re: Will ANYBODY listen?

I had to read your post twice because I thought you were my daughter. Her situation is almost identical to yours. She is 27, has 3 babies under 5 and had back surgery (lumbar) after an auto accident injury back in 2005. Still suffering pain from the first accident, she was rear-ended for the 2nd time about 8 months ago (she was 4 mos pregnant). She also has had quite a time convincing the doctors that back injuries hurt as much when you're 25 as when you're 45 if the injuries are the same.

You need to establish trust with your physician. Continue to go to appointments, physical therapy and comply with all instructions. When you go to your appoitments, be sure to repeat to him exactly where you hurt (don't say "no change" or "I'm the same").
Continue to do your part faithfully. He will be obligated to do his part.

Keep a pain diary. Record your pain level, the amount of OTC meds you take and when; what you're doing physically and how you feel. Be sure to include how your are feeling emotionally too. When you have to go close your door and cry.... expecially record that.
This needs to be an ongoing exercise (use an appointment calendar) and not just a journal you write at night before bed.

This is something that should prove your case and give your doctor a good look at what it is like living with chronic pain. Chronic pain is a quality of life issue - your pain diary will give him a good look into just what that means.

I hope this is resolved quickly.

Eva

Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

jajackson HB User

I think you might be me, 10 years ago. I'm still suffering at 37, and I'm a healthy mom w/2 kids at home. Dr's treat me the same way. I need pain meds for my pain, but they're all saying I'm too young. I wonder when I'll be "old enough" to actually get pain relief. It really sucks that you're going through this. But like the other people said, keep track of everything you're doing to help yourself, and all the Dr's you've tried (phys. therapy, chiro, massage, etc). They seem to take you more seriously when you have documentation. I'm actually going to see a Physiatrist on Monday, which is one Dr. I've actually never seen, so maybe she'll have something different to say.

I wish you luck in your journey to find some help out there. Don't ever give up or it will take over your life.

Keep us up to date.
Amy

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Too Young,

I have a Pm doctor in Reston VA. He was just listed as oneof the 70 best Pain Management Doctors in AMERICA. I woud walk through fire for him. He is kind, caring, compassionate. He is Dr. Thomas Nguyen (Winn). He is in Reston VA off of Wiehle. You can google him to get more info.

I hope that you can find relief. It makes life so much easier.

Closed Thread