It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
I now started using ice for neck pain

Hello. I now started using ice for this neck pain. My doctor is on vacation(most of the time!)and I decided to take another approach and use ice on this neck. Not sure for how long I need to use it but will see.

Is there anyone here who had success with ice and stopped using medications? That is my aim. It's kind of frustrating to use ice till the rest of my life - but the same go to go to the doctors.

Maybe once and for all I will be able to function and be what I used to be.

Please tell me your experience.

Thank you and appreciate

Old 07-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: I now started using ice for neck pain

I've used both ice and heat alternating every 20 minutes....
20 minutes on of ice....20 minutes off everything...
20 minutes of heat...20 minutes off everything...

Or..if you feel it's more inflammation from overuse...the ice alternating is good for this..
If there isn't inflammation and just sore muscle...then heat feels good...I will use the Thermacare patches for that as they stick on ...especially in winter....love them!!!

I forget...do you have a muscle relaxer to take when needed? Or have you had an injection of cortisone from your Dr. in your neck? I also use acupuncture, massage therapy along with yoga/stretching to help keep it from getting too bad...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: I now started using ice for neck pain

I use mostly heat but do use icyhot type topical spreads for neck relief especially when I can't take medications (driving, etc).

Having had posterior cervical surgery my muscles seize up when I use ice. This also occurs when I've done PT for my lumbar area. I may feel good after PT but if they ice me for 15 minutes my muscles rebel.

Last edited by SpineAZ; 07-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Closed Thread