It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

bkdotson4 HB User
MOVING Help find new dr without looking like I am dr seeking etc.

how do you find a really good pain dr that is willing to listen and give out the RIGHT med for you and be none judging etc? I am actually moving and do not even know were to start finding a new dr. that will continue or even better treatment I am currently on. does anyone know were on line I can go to find that information out? the area we are moving to is Stow, cuyahogafalls area or Akron Ohio

Last edited by bkdotson4; 08-28-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: wanted to add area moving to

Old 08-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

bkdotson4 HB User
Re: MOVING Help find new dr without looking like I am dr seeking etc.

I just wanted to add my dr can sometimes be intimidating to me so I am often afraid to ask for things or say some things ONLY due to him judging me or thinking I am drug seeking etc. I had been on the same pain med dose for almost 5 years now, I had said something a few times then one day he brought up my anxiety up over my meds and was wondering if I should see a councilor to keep things in check etc and was worried I was showing signs of addiction due to the anxiety I started to have after a year of trying to get him to do something change even just anything. Finally he did go from Ultram to Vic but the Vic do not work and I am scared to even mention it. the Vic is for Break through pain etc. In the mean time I am on fet patch of 75 but can't get through the last day for the life of me and just want something to help me get through that that flippen day. Then the patches often fall off early and do not stick as well at times etc or one will fall off in the tub or shower etc or if I move the wrong way in bed I have had them fuled in half then I tried to take it apart but the whole thing riped apart due to the stick etc so then I have to take the rest and try to go even one more day on each one to catch up on the date that I can refill them. oh and yes I have tried the things that stick over top and cut out the center cotton on them etc and they often do not stay on well also they stick well to the patch, but not my skin plus with the increase now I can't find the bigger ones to work with it. we did find shower patches with plastic that you stick on for only a shower or bath etc I have not tried them yet but will here soon. Not just that though, but I often wonder about getting off this stupid patch and if that is at all possible with out much suffering etc. I have been on it now for 5 years and have noticed a big change in my motivation desires etc over the past few years and can't help but wonder if the patch has anything to do with that since when I was taking medication before I went on that I did not feel this way. LOL now we are moving and I have no idea on what to do on finding a dr that will even pick up my current treatment or even better it etc? I don't know were to even start because I heard that you could be accused of dr seeking when you go from one to another etc? I don't want to do that. I just want to have a good dr willing to understand and help with the RIGHT med so I can live again. oh I have leg neuralgia, with combination of central nervous syndrome plus RLS another dr said I have fibro but could not diagnose it as that due to the nerve stuff along with it for some reason he felt you could not have that plus the other. That was a strange one. Anyway much advise would be great. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

bkdotson4 HB User

[QUOTE=bkdotson4;4831684]I just wanted to add my dr can sometimes be intimidating to me so I am often afraid to ask for things or say some things ONLY due to him judging me or thinking I am drug seeking etc. I had been on the same pain med dose for almost 5 years now, I had said something a few times then one day he brought up my anxiety up over my meds and was wondering if I should see a councilor to keep things in check etc and was worried I was showing signs of addiction due to the anxiety I started to have after a year of trying to get him to do something change even just anything. Finally he did go from Ultram to Vic but the Vic do not work and I am scared to even mention it. the Vic is for Break through pain etc. In the mean time I am on fet patch of 75 but can't get through the last day for the life of me and just want something to help me get through that that flippen day. Then the patches often fall off early and do not stick as well at times etc or one will fall off in the tub or shower etc or if I move the wrong way in bed I have had them fuled in half then I tried to take it apart but the whole thing riped apart due to the stick etc so then I have to take the rest and try to go even one more day on each one to catch up on the date that I can refill them. oh and yes I have tried the things that stick over top and cut out the center cotton on them etc and they often do not stay on well also they stick well to the patch, but not my skin plus with the increase now I can't find the bigger ones to work with it. we did find shower patches with plastic that you stick on for only a shower or bath etc I have not tried them yet but will here soon. Not just that though, but I often wonder about getting off this stupid patch and if that is at all possible with out much suffering etc. I have been on it now for 5 years and have noticed a big change in my motivation desires etc over the past few years and can't help but wonder if the patch has anything to do with that since when I was taking medication before I went on that I did not feel this way. LOL now we are moving and I have no idea on what to do on finding a dr that will even pick up my current treatment or even better it etc? I don't know were to even start because I heard that you could be accused of dr seeking when you go from one to another etc? I don't want to do that. I just want to have a good dr willing to understand and help with the RIGHT med so I can live again. oh I have leg neuralgia, with combination of central nervous syndrome plus RLS another dr said I have fibro but could not diagnose it as that due to the nerve stuff along with it for some reason he felt you could not have that plus the other. That was a strange one. Anyway much advise would be great. thanks. Oh last thing I will be living in the stow cuyahgafalls , Akron area in Ohio if anyone sees this and may know of a good PM Dr please reply if you may. thanks everyone.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Just one suggestion. Tell your doctor you are moving, collect your records from his office staff, and ask him to write a short letter that you can present to your new doctor once you find him or her, just to say that you've been under treatment, are moving and need to continue treatment.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

If you are moving, get copies of your medical records from any doctors that you currently see, and ask for a letter from each one detailing your care under each doctor.
Go to your insurance carriers website or your list of doctors from your insurance carrier. Find the state that you are moving to, then the area where you are moving and you will find lists for each type of doctor. You can also call your 800 number for your insurance and get names for each type of doctor you need that way.
Doing this will make sure that the doctors participate in your type of insurance, and most insurance companies have programs where doctors are approved with quality standards so you are sure of having good doctors.
Back

Closed Thread