It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

mommalovesmira HB Usermommalovesmira HB Usermommalovesmira HB User
what causes severe muscle pain that doesnt go away?

hi-
just curious if anyone has any idea where all my pain is coming from... i have it really bad in my neck (sides and back) also my upper back and in my arms from my elbows to my wrists.. sometimes it even extends to my hands and fingers- so these are basically the muscles i need to use the most throughout the day!

ive had to quit my job because of it and lately its gotten so bad i cant care for my 2 year old daughter so i had to have a friend take her until i am feeling better. i cant even take care of myself right now!

my dr. thought it was fibromyalgia but i didnt believe it since i only had like 4 of the 18 tender points... also, i was on medication for 6 months that (lyrica 600 mg and savella) didnt ease my pain! my tsh score finally came back from the rhumatologist and they said it was a "little low"- 0.23

ive had the works- every blood test available, x-rays and an mri. nothing is showing up and my dr. wont prescribe me any strong medication because she cant see anything from her stand point as a dr. that would validate me needing pain medication.

im so frusteraed and confused.
thankfully i am getting a referral to the mayo clinic soon so i know i should get some answers there... but in the mean time im just suffering and in pain all day, it even hurts to type this or sit up.

the wierdest things about my pain is that if i try and lay around and do NOTHING all day for a few days it does bet better, so it seems that just a simple little bit of activity makes it flare up.. also, it the morning it usually doesnt hit me until ive been standing up for a minute or two...

does anyone have any idea of what this could be??? im dying to get some ideas so i can start treating it, i cannot live like this any longer, my quality of life sucks, im so stressed out i dont eat, it hurts to dial phone numbers and hold the phone to my ear.. i feel so helpless!

thanks for your time and advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

Mstic1 HB User
Re: what causes severe muscle pain that doesnt go away?

Hi - have you ever heard of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome? That is what I have and your pain sounds similar. There are lots of websites that you can look at to see if this might be what you have. I hope that you find out what it is. Good luck

Closed Thread