It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
(male)

Dan101 HB User
Exclamation Help! I've been kicked off my pain meds..

Can anyone help me? I have recently (2.5 mnths ago) been kicked off pain meds, anti anxiety meds and blood presure meds, all V.High Dose, but onto NOTHING!! Isn't it possible that this can't happen, that it's dangerous?

I have crohn's, anxiety disorder with frequent and severe panic attacks, agoraphobia and deppression amongst other things and I was cut off 900mg p/day ms contin, 12 2mg clonazepam, and 12 150mcg clonidine... after being on this for 3yrs and having come down from a peak of roughly double this. Also when I first started seeing this dr I was on Xanax for anxiety/panic etc... 4-5 2mg per day and was cut off them and put onto about 24 clonazepam!!?? Is that wierd??

Anyway, I was doing OK and then a very toxic ex friend of mine got a hold of some of my meds i think.. first time that had ever happened to my knowledge.. He has mental health issues as does his mother who was told i don't know what?? but she ended up going to my doc i assume and said SOMETHING because he started accusing me of selling my meds!! This is absolutely wrong and I made my life as transparent as posible to reassure him.. Anyway I thought things had settled down when i my script ran out and when i turned up at the dr's was told i'd been cut off.. So the last couple of months have been pretty bad. I've had, on top of my pain and other symptoms returning with a vengence, Blindness (better now) Vomiting etc... A list of stuff as long as my arm... I won't bother wingeing too much coz i'm sure other people here will have gone through worse.. anyway i got a month into it with no help or proper response from the dr and was told to seek out methadone persciber, witch i did, ending up on my current medication of 85mg once p/day methadone, 2 5mg valium after much pestering!!?? and a very rude attitude from a pain clinic dr witch i saw at the urging of my dr..

I have been told they probably think i'm addicted to the meds and drug seeking.. So i'm scared and a little bit untrusting now of seeing another dr. I don't want to be labeled anyhing (else?) resulting from seeing another dr. I just don't know what to do since this has happened i have been homeless, almost suicidal and so worried, stressed and unable to deal with my current reality, witch is very worrying. Can anyone help me? I've almost lost hope of getting my life and piece of mind and level of life quality back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
(female)

ncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB Userncmommakat HB User
Re: Help! I've been kicked off my pain meds..

That is a TON of MS Contin to be taking daily. NINE HUNDRED mg's
Yuo can report the doctor to med board as he SHOULD have weaned you

Old 09-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

You can and probably should report the doc, you were wayyyy over medicated...but in doing so, you also open yourself up to investigation as to why your reporting him, just a warning.

If you've been off your meds for 2.5 months, then you should be done with withdrawal issues....

If your homeless, have you contacted any state or government agencies to find housing and medical care? I think you said your in Australia and I'm not sure how it works over there, it's different here in the states.

The other issue is you seem to have had 1 doc taking care of your physical and mental illnesses, see that would be different here, so once again, not sure how it's done there.

Your best bet in your current situation would be to try whatever government assistance agencies you have there....

kat

Old 09-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
(female)

tinabean34 HB User

I just wanted to say sorry for what you are going through a lot of us go through similar things when we are on meds like these the best thing to do is not advertise it AT All do not let people know you are on anything that they see as narcotics, they will want them to take, sell, etc. I have had it happen to me and it was horrible and I have had trouble mysel trouble I am trying to work out now. It can get you into big trouble it starts out innocent enough and you think someone is your friend and then they get mad at your or something happens and you are in a load of trouble beyond what you could ever imagine all because you are sick. And it should never be that way and I do agree 900 mg is alot to take in one day. There is nothing wrong with methadone to control your pain. At least you have something that you are taking. When there is nothing left sometimes that is something you can turn to. I hope things go better but that friend of yours is no friend and the mother does't know what is going on she needs to get the real picture of what her son is really up to.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

The doctor was obviously running a pill mill - you should report him to the Australian Medical Association, teh State Medical Board and your state health departments Dangerous Drugs Unit.

One of the welfare agencies should be able to help ypu fine emergency acomodation - your states housing commission would be the best place to start.

You will never get a doctor to prescribe what you were on before - I suggest you stay where you are now for pain managemen, and seek a referal to a psychiatrist for your mental issues, panic disorder etc.

Best of luck from a fellow Aussie

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
(male)

Dan101 HB User

Thanx for the replies... there's NO way I'd want to go back to 900 a day... All i would like to have the opportunitiy for is to SOMEHOW get off the death'n'moan.. I feel like i have another life sentance.. It would b a good thing to have a say in my treatment.. I desperatly want to get off the methadone so i can have a life again instead of sleeping it away and all the other evil things the side effects cause.. I am starting to feel suicidal (serious) my left arm will be healing for another 4 or so months due to tendon, nerve and artery damage. I would just love to switch to something a little easier to ween down to nothing if possible so when i'm in too much pain too cope i can be treated for it.. Also going to hostpital as much as i do they can treat pain FULL STOP if needed.. I'm feeling totally stuck and powerless and i feel i've lost the abillity to live life or have any control over it.. I would love to be able to work again towards starting a family and getting quality of life happening.. anyway sorry to whinge..

Closed Thread