It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
(male)

trey97421 HB User
Red face Please help anything will help been in Pain for 5 Years

I am 22 years old and I have had terrible upper back pain for the last 5 years and cannot find any relief. Most doctors just want to give me muscle relaxers and pain pills and yes that subsides the problem for a little while but i want a solution to my probllem not just a cover up. My pain in my back is in my romboid muscles where they sometime forms knots on each side that are almost the size of golf balls and sometimes the just happen to go away but they come back all the time and cause horrible pain. I have had a openbangheartleisin repair on my left shoulder in 2004 and and ever since then ive had pain. but its is on both side. This pain enter frears with my every day life including work and school sometime the pain gets so bad i cant even study. I drink plenty water all the time and do not drink alcohol or do any drugs that are not precribe to me by the doctor. I really need an answer please i have a MRI. done an plenty other studys ive done physical theapy and intramusular thearpy and nothing has seem to work for me. The only thing that has work its getting steroid shots done and nerve burns where they go in with a needle and burn the end of your nerves i did this so i would not have to take pain oills anymore but once they grow back all the pain comes with it plus if i injure myself anymore while I have had this done i wouldnt be able to tell until the nerves grow back. If i tilt my head down or too the side i feel horrible pain coming up my back or if I turn the wrong way from left to right i feel the same thing. Please if anyone can help me figure out or maybe point me in the right direction of what i should please let me know any advice would help. This is how bad my pain is most of the time im turning or strecthing or rolling my shoulders some people ask me if i have a tick or something wrong with me and i use the corner of doors to put pressure on my back to try and get relief from thek knots!! PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by trey97421; 09-09-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Please help anything will help been in Pain for 5 Years

hey, hello. Sorry to hear you are suffering. I feel for you, really.
I am trying to think how I can help you. What about CT?, Most doctors recommend to do mri but if they don't find anything then I believe you should do CT.
Also, most of us who suffer from chronic pain keep taking pain meds simply because doctors cannot cure us.
So, remember, sometimes you have to get used to taking pain meds. I have to tell you, I used to be like you and didn't touch pain meds for couple of years.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
(male)

bareingpain18 HB User

have you tried fish oils, borage oil, and or cod liver oil in capsule form, no taste if taken after a meal??? I had severe lower back pain, couldn't get out of bed or bend over recently, and I started taken fish oil supplements, and as soon as I take that the pain goes away in the back, if I don't take it for a day or two comes right back. I am not sure if this helps you or not, it sure helped me and I have been thru the mill and back a couple of times!! Have a great day

Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

You could try a massage therapist. With the muscle knots that could be helpful. It won't cure it, but it could relieve the pain enough that you can strengthen the muscles so they work better. You can find one thru a day spa or chiropractor office, or check the phone book for a school in your area. Sometimes the schools offer public clinics at lower cost than you will find elsewhere.

Tigg

Closed Thread