It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
(female)

sugarplumx HB User
looking for help & support

Hello all
i am new to this site i found it today after looking for some help and support
my name is Kelly I'm 31 years old and in some need of support as i don't know were to turn
I'm in a low place in my life at the moment because of PAIN and reading thought this site with a fine comb i know this is going to sound horrible but i am glad i am not the only once that is suffering.

I have not long had my 3rd Discectomy( L5/S1 ) on the 17th May 2010
and it has not worked i was sent home from hospital 24 hours after my operation because of no bed space i have been in pain constantly since i am still having bad very bad back pain lower back my leg is weak and i still get the sharp shooting pain down my left leg in to my toes
i have to go back tomorrow for my 6 weeks check and i am worried that they will not help me any more

i was told they would do a bone fusion the next time if this 3rd one did not work and as far as this is going i am excatley the same now as i went in
i am on a mix of medication zomorph oramorph diclofenac dihydrocodeine this is at the moment but i am having trouble sleeping going to the toilet both ways i have having some problems having a wee i am having to take strong mix of laxatives just to open my bowles
i am sorry to moan and carry on but i am not shore what else to do iam worried i am going to be like this for the rest of my life and this is not what i want i want to play football with my son's and take long walks with my husband but instead i cry most of the day do some house work look after my children but i am getting very very angry with my self because i cant do this stuff that i want

sorry to have kept on but if anyone out there can help with anything it would be a ray of light thank you kelly x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
(male)

spoonmanx HB User
Re: Severe lower back pain. In need of help! Please advise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarplumx View Post
Hello all
i am new to this site i found it today after looking for some help and support
my name is Kelly I'm 31 years old and in some need of support as i don't know were to turn
I'm in a low place in my life at the moment because of PAIN and reading thought this site with a fine comb i know this is going to sound horrible but i am glad i am not the only once that is suffering.

I have not long had my 3rd Discectomy( L5/S1 ) on the 17th May 2010
and it has not worked i was sent home from hospital 24 hours after my operation because of no bed space i have been in pain constantly since i am still having bad very bad back pain lower back my leg is weak and i still get the sharp shooting pain down my left leg in to my toes
i have to go back tomorrow for my 6 weeks check and i am worried that they will not help me any more

i was told they would do a bone fusion the next time if this 3rd one did not work and as far as this is going i am excatley the same now as i went in
i am on a mix of medication zomorph oramorph diclofenac dihydrocodeine this is at the moment but i am having trouble sleeping going to the toilet both ways i have having some problems having a wee i am having to take strong mix of laxatives just to open my bowles
i am sorry to moan and carry on but i am not shore what else to do iam worried i am going to be like this for the rest of my life and this is not what i want i want to play football with my son's and take long walks with my husband but instead i cry most of the day do some house work look after my children but i am getting very very angry with my self because i cant do this stuff that i want

sorry to have kept on but if anyone out there can help with anything it would be a ray of light thank you kelly x
Hi Kelly,
Sorry to hear you are in a similar situation as I am.

I was also glad to find this forum and it's good to know, not so much that other people are suffering with pain, but that they are dealing with it and helpful to others who are also in a similar situation.

Personally I'm not familiar with the meds you mentioned. I'm currently on Duragesic 100mq patches (1/every 2 days), Percocet 7.5/325mg (mdd:8), muscle relaxers, Ambien, Lyrica 75mg. I have a lot of the related issues from taking all of that as you mentioned. After a few years of serious stomach problems I found that a combination of Miralax and a single Senokot S (both at night) brought things closer to normal for me.

If you haven't already, you might want to try that. Miralax can be bought OTC or if you have a good RX plan just have them order Polyethylene Glycol which is the same thing.

As far as the pain goes have you tried alternatives to surgery? I found a little relief from aqua therapy. It at least felt better while I was in the water.

Massage therapy, chiropractors, icing/heating.. I would try and give all of that a try if you haven't already. Even if it only helps a little, it's better than no relief at all.

In 2004 I had a spinal cord stimulator implant. It helps with my leg pain (burning, throbbing nerve pain), but just doesn't do much for my back pain. Again, I'm still glad I had it done since it is doing something!

I am currently awaiting a hardware injection to test my spinal fusion hardware to check if it's pressing on nerves. Then if that does no good I am set for a discogram and IDET. I'm pretty scared of the discogram since I hear it's very painful, but as most of us here, I am desperate to feel better.

I hope you get some relief and always feel free to ask questions!

Matt

Closed Thread