It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
(male)

malign67 HB User
Help!! Can pain doctor's replace pain med's with a suboxone??

My fault for trying pain clinics rather than find a pain doctor'
I have only been in primary care doc, to pain clinic,then state clinic after disability ins. I thought Pain Clinic would mean, Pain Managent... this equals NO.
I did find a pain doctor and very understanding, was not looked down on at all.

Last edited by malign67; 09-30-2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Angry when posted'

Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB UserFiona_Jo HB User
Re: Help!! Can pain doctor's replace pain med's with a suboxone??

Sounds like a horrible situation! Have you gone to his office and requested copies of everything in your chart? Let them know that untrue information is following you to other Doctor offices that you have attempted to receive treatment from and you want to know exactly what information is being provided. If they put up roadblocks, you might need to contact an attorney that specializes in medical related cases, because it really sounds like your rights are being violated. From what you described, you did everything required of you and without actual proof that you you were seeing 5 different Doctors and being prescribed narcotic pain medication (while under contract with that Pain management clinic) than that inflammatory and untrue information should be removed from your chart.

You definitely have rights in this and any untrue information about you shouldn't be allowed to remain in your medical chart.

Hopefully others reply with additional suggestions.

I hope you are able to get this resolved in a manner that best serves your needs.

~ Fiona Jo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
(male)

malign67 HB User

I just dont know whom to call or what to do, pain doctor (other) than the rubber ball and swimming ... wants me on suboxone like im an addict. I have been one of those guys that just wants to work ' I do remodeling/siding/construction. All my accident's I have got up and worked. I guess I am lucky VOC rehab accepted me 2 times now and I will have to continue disability claim now as choices have been taken away from me. Sad that someone could be forced into this, went from stable and working and paperwork stating so, too no job loss of business and mortgage issue's.
Took almost 8 months too get back too health and another vehicle after last accident. Think I will get lawyer I cant find any other outlet.
Thanks for response'

Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

byoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB Userbyoung6 HB User

best of luck to you! I am so sorry you got caught in the cyclone that is often the medical industry, it just really sad for patients. I understand your frustration.

Closed Thread

Tags
and there is so much more...sigh, sorry so long