It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
(male)

smokercraft HB User
getting fit while on methadone

For the past 6 months Ive been on several prescribed drugs for back issues. I have a hard time not abuseing my meds so my doctor put me on the fentanyl pach and oxys for breakthrue. Another doctor recomended medical marijuana, and I pretty much drink every night. Two weeks ago I decided that Im sick of this lifestyle. I have a really good job and Ive been there for over five years. I dont want to do anything to mess it up so I called a methadone clinic. Day after tomorow Im going in for my first dose. They will give me random drug screens and counsling. My real goal is to get off everything for good and I believe this may be a good starting point. My question is, has anyone been able to take methadone and stay in good shape. Eating rite, going too the gym ect? I am tired of being in pain and I want a good, healthy life. I hope this clinic will help with both because they dont allow anything but methadone. Please let me know if anyone has a background or advise that may help. Thanks

Old 01-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
(female)

tinabean34 HB User
Re: getting fit while on methadone

I agree the lifestyle sucks my pain mgmt has me on methadone pills for pain, and oxy for breakthrough you can't abuse the methadone if you do i did a couple times i was so out of it I couldn't dress myself, couldn't read so it's best to just take one at a time, 10 mg work well for the pain people think they don't. Now there's still pain just like with others you are going to still be on that low threshold and you aren't going to have any breakthrough meds. I am actually finally getting to my next appt with meds. I am proud. Where do you live? If you miss that dose you are going to be a mess. If you mess up and they kick you out you are going to be a mess. You are taking a big chance if you have a real pain issue. Where do u live at? I wish you the best at this point I would take one thing at a time. See how it works, then try to stretch, then exercise, then eat right. Sound Good?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: getting fit while on methadone

May I ask what type of back problem you have and whether it is something that can be treated?

Closed Thread