It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

selena403 HB User
Angry Please help

""HELP PLEASE"" Infomation about pain & med's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this sever nerve and muscle pain. I actually get knots in my muscle. The pain is in the joint but not the bone of the joint then it runs into my muscle and gets the nerves thoughout my body hurting. You can touch certain spots and it feels as if you grabbed a nerve. I have tried every non-norcotic but it never releived the pain. I have been in the hospital 6 times due to mitro value prolasp and servre hyprotention like 198/107. All test they tan came back normal and could not figure out why my blood pressure was so high. I had been seeing a Dr. for 3 years but did not prescribe Narcotic's I went to another Dr for the pain. He gave me loritab 10/325 but the pain did not stop. He put me on oxycodone 10's. Prescribed 3xday but mostly I just need one when I wake up and one around 3pm. Always have some lefted over.It was the frist time I had releif and I was able to be normal again. I have been on that for a long time. I went to the Doctor this month and due to this "DEA and Pill Mill stuff and illigale use of Oxy's he wanted to stop prescribing them. "The one;s who need it must suffer due to the ones who abuse it" Now you know my story!! Here's my thing He said I can give you Hydrocodone but why if they don't work. He asked me what I think would stop the pain but I have only taken Hydrocodone and oxycodone so I did not know. He gave me Morphine 15 Immediate release. I get sick and have wired side effects. Is Morphine IR stronger than oxy's and thats why I am getting sick. What can I ask my doctor for that is equal to Oxycodone 10's and works like it but not apart of the pill mill deal. I was happy with 3 times a day oxycodone and so was my blood pressure. Plus I have not been in the hospital since I was put on those...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Please help

Hi Selena, side effects like nausea generally deminish with time, so does that jittery feeling. taking your meds with food will help until you accomadate to the side effects. their are also meds that can be used short term for nausea. Your kind of in a strange position, you dont need meds around the clock and docs dont like treating chronic pain with short acting meds. As far as conversions go. Your doc is on the money using a 1:1.5 conversion rate. 15 mgs is the smallest dose of morphine they make unless you get into childrens liquid stuff and take a childs dose. Its not that morphine is stronger than oxy, It's actually weaker, that's why he's using 15 mgs. Morphine and codeine just tend to have more side effects particularly GI upset.

I saw in your other post that you wanted to get back to 0 pain or when your pain was completely managed. That just isnt a goal of pain management or a realistic goal to shoot for. What is the doc to do, increase every time you feel any pain? As far as your blood presure , yes it can be from pain, but if its consistantly high you dont need to know why, you just need a bp med. are you taking anything? Give the morphne some time to get used too, I think the more you insist, that oxy is the only med that completely manages your pain the more difficult time you will have getting it.
Good luck, Dave

Last edited by Shoreline; 03-01-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User
Re: Please help

I have to pretty much agree with what SL has said. I actually was switched from Oxycontin to MS-Contin many years ago and I had similar problems. You're lucky in one regard, my doc did not do the conversion properly and besides the upset stomach etc., I was suffering some withdrawal effects too. In short, I was miserable! I contacted the doc and got switched back pronto. I told him I appreciated what he was trying to do but that switch was an "epic fail".

So, my advice would be to hang in there and definitely take your meds with food and drink (beer would be best, LOL!!). That was a joke, in case you missed it. On a serious note, please be very careful with any alcoholic beverages. Good Luck!

Reply Reply