It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
(male)

rusty1986 HB User
25 with post herpetic neuralgia

i have had post herpetic neuralgia for the last 7 Months and have tried every medication that can be found to help i have tried everything from asperin to vodo and wich craft right now im on triamnidol and coxy that helps lol bot not a long term thing. They are going to try to do a nerve block what i need help with is what can i expect how long dose it last hat are some probles ect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: 25 with post herpetic neuralgia

i am just wondering how large of an area is being affected and exactly where on your body is this? have you ever tried any lidocaine for this in either the ointment or the actual lidodrem patches that you simply apply over the affected area? i have one really sick and evil type of pain syndrome from spinal cord injuys called central pain that started attacking my shoulder blades and specific areas in and around the L elbow area. this crap is VERY much like what you are dealing with. it feels like a second degree burn that just never 'heals' or even ever goes away with all that a burn entails with even a slight breeze blowing over the impacted areas will set off a nightmare flare, and extreme hypersensitivity. it is a seriously sick lil pain syndrome. the ONLY thing i have been able to use that will help to at least 'numb' what i cannot get any med to actually do anything for is using lidocaine patches when things really get completely intolerable. depending upon just where and how large this affected area just is in you, the lido could help.

the only actual 'med" that even touched this crap and also my RSD knee was lyrica. that was an amazing med for me and did alot for me too, but for me and the way i react to specific meds that DO also have to do with specific areas of my cord damage too, it did too much TO me to even try and stay on it. but it does not give side effects or not debilitating ones to everyone. some people have no problems with lyrica and some do. but this is the ONLY actual med i took that just seriously gave me some hope there for awhile anyways. but if you have not yet tried lyrica, i would most definitely giove it a shot. i do hope you can find something that just works for this hell you are dealing with. if you have not yet tried the stuff i mentioned, DO at least give it a shot just to see how you may feel with it. but i go nowhere without my lidocaine. that was a total lifesaver for me when this crap just started and i could NOT tolerate THAT level of pain intensity til my brain finally started to try and accommodate this crap for me. its just always there stinging away 24/7. take care rusty, marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread