It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

chrisd12 HB User
Unhappy Neurostimulator Problems

Hi to all. I am a 42 year old woman who has suffered from chronic abdominal pain for 20 years. In early '09 I had a neuromodulator implanted. I have leads in my head which run down my spinal column and the unit/battery is in my lower right side. It took about a year to determine the correct frequency settings for my pain, after which I experienced 14+ months of great relief. I was able to dramatically decrease my pain medication. The day after this past Christmas, I started experiencing multiple problems with my unit. I now suffer from terrible headaches, neck, and jaw pain daily. I've had to discontinue the use of my neurostim and increase some of my pain medication. When I run the machine the fore mentioned problems worsen, and I gradually develop pain in both arms, upper and lower back, and legs. I also end up with an overall numbness throughout my body and twitching in my face. Even with the machine now off, I am still experiencing the headaches, jaw, and neck pain. At times, this worsens and the pain starts to radiate throughout my body and the numbness starts. I've noticed that the "tapping", that I would normally experience when the machine is turned on, is present in my head. My doctor and the company rep. have all but abandoned me. I'm frustrated, depressed, and don't know what to do. I'm hoping to reach out to other neuromodulator/neurostimulator patients to see if anyone has ever experienced similar symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread