It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
(male)

BrokenBill HB User
Unhappy Looking for a pain clinic in Levittown, Langhorne are Lower Bucks County Pa

Been on PM since an accident left me with some fusions and reinjured spots (see profile...it's ashaminly long). I have been going to current pain doc for aalmost the entire five years...I've always felt a little "talked down to", but I chalked it up to a small price to finding relief. So all this time Ive been more or less on the same does (I did try several of the LA...Fent, Ms Contin, etc, but currently on 5 mg methadone 5 times a day, as well as 7.5 perc 5 times daily.
My first inkling my Doc (the entire practice is Anestesthilogists(SP)) wasn't really a "pain peeple person" was a few months ago...I had asked for an alternative to the percocets...Everything I had been reading said its bad in long term (which I will be), and that I had read there are options with the same amount of oxycodone, without all the ASA. His reply was "You people are all the same...you ignore what the narc will do because you feel good from it. No..no change"
Fast forward to my past 3 visits...I see a wonderful PA for refills, and have been expressing to her that either my tolerance or my pain levels is increasing quite a bit, and I'm frequently still in a lot of pain after my precribed doses (and there have been 5 or 6 where it reached the point that I took an extra dose, as I cant function....I am in so much pain, I'll spend the day in bed under a heated blanked due to the pain. She understands, and often seems very understanding, but the Doc wont let mem get an increase.
I'm at wits end...I need to find a pain doc who will listen to my pain levels.....please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply