It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
(male)

mwss173 HB User
Post chronic pain

I was in the Gulf War,and my fingers have progressively became deformed..I don't have any diagnosis of arthritis of any kind. I don't know what I was exposed to in the big sandbox over there,but I wake up with swollen fingers everyday,and when I work with them,more so heavy labor,they feel as if they were stompped on all day long. I been to everyone in the VA. system,and they have never seen anything like it in their 25+ years of practice. They have done numerous procedures,and diagnosed a lot of cases,but for me,it's a head scratcher. What can deform the fingers,and mock arthritis,but isn't so?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: chronic pain

hey hello. It's ok. I was told I am one of a kind also...
Did they do ANA testing? It is a very important test to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
(female)

PixieToes HB User

I'm also a Gulf War veteran. I was in Khobar Towers in Daharan.
I have since been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, pulmonary nodules (possibly sarcoidosis or cancer), myofacial pain syndrome, and uterine fibroids.

I continue to believe this is all Gulf War connected but gave up on the VA system helping me a long time ago. I'm currently being treated at a pain mgmt clinic. My PM dr. just switched me to morphine last week. I also have a Pulmonologist monitoring the lung nodules and a Rheumatologist for the fibro and osteoarthritis.

I still wish I could get some REAL answers but more than that I just want relief. Good luck to you in finding your answers.

Penny

The following user gives a hug of support to PixieToes:
mwss173 (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
(male)

mwss173 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochange View Post
hey hello. It's ok. I was told I am one of a kind also...
Did they do ANA testing? It is a very important test to do.
I'm not sure what all panels they ran,but they ruled out all autoimmune causes,arthritis,lupus,everything. What does ANA testing find,or not find?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
(male)

mwss173 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieToes View Post
I'm also a Gulf War veteran. I was in Khobar Towers in Daharan.
I have since been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, pulmonary nodules (possibly sarcoidosis or cancer), myofacial pain syndrome, and uterine fibroids.

I continue to believe this is all Gulf War connected but gave up on the VA system helping me a long time ago. I'm currently being treated at a pain mgmt clinic. My PM dr. just switched me to morphine last week. I also have a Pulmonologist monitoring the lung nodules and a Rheumatologist for the fibro and osteoarthritis.

I still wish I could get some REAL answers but more than that I just want relief. Good luck to you in finding your answers.

Penny
I don't regret serving my country,nor will I ever. I have other problems also. You on the other hand,have been hit by the whole brick wall. I feel for you. We take the chance when we ink the contract,and become Fed. employees. I was messed up when I got back,and the Govt. screwed around until my discharge in 92. Over a period of years,I am like you,and they just keep finding things,and some don't have any answers. Hopefully you get better,but I don't know what the extent of your damages are,but do the best you can,and hang in there. Thanks for your service..Jeffrey

Reply Reply