It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

JENNY HAMILTON HB User
Chronic pain in sholders, hands, feet and ankels

I have had bad pain in my ankles for several years like arthritis that if I’m on my feet more that about an hour I can’t walk sometimes for days because my ankles get stiff and swollen and hurt....I have also been getting cramps in my toes...and have a knot under my foot right in the arch that came up this past year and a strange bump on the top of my foot pretty close to the ankle….the knots on the top and bottom will swell with my ankles….and for some reason on the foot that has all the bumps I over the last few years have formed a bunion that hurts and makes it hard to wear shoes…and over about the last year I have been getting Charlie horse like cramps in my fingers...they pull down or to the side and I can’t control them it is very painful and its effecting my work since I type all day and it happens more often now... and I have formed a small knot on one of my knuckles...I know it’s not a big deal but I have one of those cysts on my wrist….can anyone help me figure out what is going on....I feel as if I am falling apart…and I am tired all the time….I can’t seem to get enough sleep…..I’m 37 and I’m too young for soo much pain.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: Chronic pain in sholders, hands, feet and ankels

Have you gone to the Dr. for any of this? It's really hard for anyone on the internet to diagnose your problems? The best thing to do is go to the Dr. and get these things checked out. The longer you wait, the more serious problems can get and the harder they can become to treat.

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
It does sound like Arthritis but only a Dr can diagnose this and my advice would be to get it checked out as soon as possible.
Age is no deterent in Arthritis and it can even appear in children, the sooner you get treatment the better,

Solofelix.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
(female)

JENNY HAMILTON HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
have you gone to the dr. For any of this? It's really hard for anyone on the internet to diagnose your problems? The best thing to do is go to the dr. And get these things checked out. The longer you wait, the more serious problems can get and the harder they can become to treat.

Kat
the problem is i cant really afford to go to the dr....i dont have insurance and my job does not offer it....i was just trying to get an idea of what i may be looking at so i kinda know what direction to go....i knot some test will have to be done but if i can just get an idea if its arthritis...or what

Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Jenny,
As I said it sounds like Arthritis. We are not Drs on here and cant point you in a direction of Knowing your medical problem, only a Dr can do that.
It could be a number of different things but it sounds like you need some help and I hope you find an answer.

Solofelix.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
(female)

JENNY HAMILTON HB User

well thank y'all for your help...im thinking its arthritis too...but have to wait till i have more money to go to the dr....

Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Some of it sounds like Arthritis, some of it sounds like plantar faciaitis...then you mentions cysts, etc. that doesn't go with Arthritis...so your talking about several different things here. The problem is most of the time you can't just go and see a Rheumatologist (Arthritis Dr.) they want a referral from a GP. And a family Dr. isn't going to have a clue what's going on, I can pretty much tell you that, you've got too many conflicting and comprehensive symptoms.

So, any way you look at it you're going to have to see a Dr., and they'll have to do some blood work and imaging studies (x-rays at the least, ct scans or mri's) to be able to tell you whats going on. Sorry, I know it's not the most helpful news.

Have you looked into personal health insurance. There are affordable plans out there. They may not cover more than 60% but anything would be better than nothing and if you wait until your already diagnosed it will be harder to get coverage.

Take care,

Kat

Reply Reply