It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User
Complex regional pain syndrome

I finally have a proper diagnosis. Even though it's sad I am officially a chronic pain patient, I'm happy I have a good doctor who knows what we are dealing with. It's a progressive syndrome. No cure. I'm already in type 2, which is severe nerve damage, in my case, the right ulnar nerve. I just don't know what I will do for work. I'm a stay at home dad and I keep a very clean house/yard. But if I don't get on disability, I worry about that. The wrist fusion is now out of the picture since it won't help. I'm very glad he wants to keep me on medication, injections and we will try nerve blocks and PT. I thought I did all the research I could on my condition but I never came across crps and now that I looked it up, he hit the nail on the head. I'm very thankful for that. So that journey is over. All that's left is the future. Rest assure I'll be all over the boards reading others stories and making updates of my own. Thank you all for being there. Best wishes... -Joey

Old 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Complex regional pain syndrome

The right diagnosis can really seem to help. Its disappointing when its something progressive though. I do hope they can help you manage the pain and progression. Sounds like a good plan to be doing a combo of treatments. If you decide to continue work, I'd suggest seeking out a disability employment type service to help you evaluate which jobs are a good fit. They can also assist with accommodations and if you have any issues with the employer following ADA. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply