It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

ParadoxicalLife HB User
Question Myofascial Pain (Surgical Trauma) and Injections

I have had 15 surgeries in my life and I am nearing 35. I had been the first person in Western Massachusetts diagnosed with Endometriosis in my county back in 1997. I am from what used to be a small town in the foothills of the Pioneer Valley. The doctors here are less than knowledgeable and provide very poor medical care. However, I have gone to Boston for 2 of my surgeries and the worst surgery I ever had was in Boston, at Brigham & Women's Hospital, a year ago, July 2011. I had been schedule for a simple Laperscopy for lysis of Endometriosis and when the Dr., went in and found NO ENDOMETRIOSIS, he instead lysis'd ahdeshions he found adhering my intestines to my pelvic floor.

To make a long and miserable story short... He injured an abdominal nerve when entering with the (R) trocar instrument, causing Trocar injuries in laparoscopic surgery to be a lasting issue for me. NOT ONLY, did the abdominal nerve get injured but the Dr. also damaged my pelvic floor muscles when unadhereing my intestines from my pelvic floor. IT HAS BEEN AN EVERLASTING MESS!

The Dr. FOUND NO ENDOMETRIOSIS, this time around. I was confused. I had several surgeries for Endometriosis and none that had not found any Endometriosis.

I have been on a narcotic regeimen for over a year now. I have tried several other Rx. concoctions with no improvement or side effects so terrible, I could not tolerate the medicine long enough to gain any benefit. I have A LOT of drug allergies and generelly a "paradoxical" effect to what most doctors expect or have experienced with a 95% of their patients.
I also tried "Internal Physical Therapy",... that was a disaster!
I tried being in a wheelchair in the beginning, it was impossible to walk. That taught me a lot and now I use it as little as possible or only on the bad days. I appreciate my mobility and have a new found respect for those who have mobility issues, handicapped or confined. The elderly as well. Patience is in short supply when I found myself in those circumstances. People, really need to be more tollerant to all people.
I have recently began "Injection Treatment" for "myofascial pain" in the abdominal area and soon to be vagina injections into the damaged portion. Here is the thing.....

I had a set of injections with Lidocaine... was rough. Very sick and on my a$$ for days. Caught a stomach flu, had to skip the next round of injections. Went this Monday for Round #2 of injections. The Dr. injected me three times with "lidocaine and epinephrine". I had no pain relief and the next day I had a bright red ring around the whole area that was injected, about a 2 inches round. Then Wednesday, the 2 inch ring turned bright red inside and my pain has been worse then the "8" I am always at. So I called the Dr. Tuesday morning, he was in another office and the nurse was to pass a message. Never heard back Tuesday. Then Wednesday, I called again and they told me to call an office I had no idea the Dr. even practiced at. They put me on hold and then came back and said to go to the ER? (Two days after the initial injections). I tired to explain the the Dr. told myself and my boyfriend along with my Mother.... to NOT go to the ER, if the pain worsened with any of the injections, as sometimes that is how they work... A better before worse approach. So I called my PCP, they had no idea what type, amount or area that was treated, nor where they familiar with that type of treatment. To ice that cake, MY Dr. (PCP) was not even in that day, so they told me to go to the ER! I did not go. I made a homemade lidocaine patch and have been in bed and not able to do much since Monday the 16th. It is not Thursday the 19th. I am due for Round #3 of injections Monday and here is where you cone in... With that brief background I gave you... I want you to know I am scared as I obviously had a reaction to the lidocaine and epinephrine concoction... I have not been able to get a hold of anyone who was in the room that day... The Dr. himself had a message from the nurse on Tuesday and I have not heard from him nor will anyone connect me to him or a voicemail for him or have him return a call. I am scared and not sure that this is the answer. If not there are no other offerings on trying torid the suffering.... Any advice, etc.?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply