It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
(female)

lisa601 HB User
Need mri translated

C-5 c-6 broad based disc osteophyte complex which combine with ligament flavum hypertrophy at this level results in partial effacement of the vental and dorsal sac and mild canal stenosis. There is moderate neuroforaminal narrowing whuch is worst on right

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: Need mri translated

I am so sorry you have problems; pain is not an easy thing to deal with.
I am afraid we can't "translate" your MRI report, since we are not Drs here. I wish we could...
Its better to ask your DR about that to make sure you got it right, you know?
You can read many posts here, maybe you can find someone who has same diagnoses, often we do find similar cases.

Wishing you the best
Moldova

The Following User Says Thank You to Moldova For This Useful Post:
lisa601 (08-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

blon55 HB Userblon55 HB User

Hopefully you have seen your dr by now and have a course of action. It sounds like some probable bone spurs and narrowing of some things. Let us know how you are doing. Best of luck.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
(male)

August59 HB User

Broad based disc ostephyte complex is a row of bone spurs. The ligament flavum hypertrophy is the ligament thickening due to years of poor posture. This comes from us working at desk instead of outside where we would normally stand upright a good bit.

The neuroforaminal narrowing is where the main nerve exits to the right and passes through the foramen which has also began to form bone spurs. I don't think he will be the least bit concerned with your overall neck. He may do a ESI and physical therapy, but don't get aggravated about the physical therapy because it is one of the conditions where it actually works good if you follow it.

He migt want to clean out foramen, but it depends on either if it's causing pain or if it is causing weakness in your arm.

Reply Reply