It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

Daggerz HB User
Exclamation What's wrong? Should I see a doctor? (Lasting rib pain :/)

Months ago, in the spring, I was having major allergy problems. I had severe coughing and asthma, especially at night. At one point it was critical, but thankfully I had very good coughing medicine.
Every night I would take medicine before bed, with an inhaler on my nightstand, then in the middle of the night I'd be woken up by coughing and have to take the medicine again. Then, once it kicked in and I stopped coughing, I'd take the inhaler. After all that for a while my doctor put me on Zyrtec and it all stopped, but before it stopped at one point I coughed so bad that I felt massive pain in my ribs on my right side. It was upper - middle of the ribcage on the front of my body on the right. After that, I could hardly move and my coughing and breathing was really hurting my ribs. For about a week it didn't get any better then it slowly began to get better until it disappeared completely (this was a slow process o-e). I did not go to the doctors to get my ribs checked, in fact, my mom didn't even know about it till recently. Off and on it's been reappearing. One time about a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night and could hardly move, and I just called my friend up and we talked for about an hour till it went away with the help of some ibuprofen. I'm finally asking a question about it now when it's kind of hurting again (like it has been off and on) a little bit today. Just when I talk or breathe deeply. It's mild pain, but I'm still concerned that it's stuck around for so long. Also today it's hurting more than it usually does when it occasionally comes back :/ But I probably just slept on it wrong, that's what usually I think the cause is whenever this happens. I don't receive any other symptoms than the what I've explained so far. Thanks
I also forgot to add that today it's hurting when I move too, not sure if that's important XD

EDIT
By the way I'm 14 years old, not sure if that's important.

Last edited by Daggerz; 09-10-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Adding Information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
(male)

bostonteach HB User
Re: What's wrong? Should I see a doctor? (Lasting rib pain :/)

Please, please tell you Mom and go to a doctor.

Peace,
Jay

Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
(female)

waters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB Userwaters04 HB User
Re: What's wrong? Should I see a doctor? (Lasting rib pain :/)

I agree. Talk to someone, your mom, your dad, any family member. And please see a doctor. Hope you feel better soon

Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
(female)

Daggerz HB User
Smile Re: What's wrong? Should I see a doctor? (Lasting rib pain :/)

Thanks. Like usual, it went away within a day. I talked to my mom before I was able to read the answers and she told me there probably isn't anything the doctors could do, but I think I'll go in next time it comes up again. I don't want to go while it's not hurting (I don't think I should at least o.0) in case they like put pressure on it or something and it doesn't hurt as much as it would on a bad day

Reply Reply