It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

Sunsett1845 HB User
Unhappy Chronic Leg Pain

I have chronic leg pain - it is getting worse every day. I do not want to increase the medications I'm taking - anyone have any hints? Thank you

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Sunsett1845
inome82 (10-01-2012), reader48 (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
(female)

reader48 HB User
Re: Chronic Leg Pain

Sunsett1845: It would be helpful if you could give more description of your symptoms. What is the medication you are taking? (Optional)

The Following User Says Thank You to reader48 For This Useful Post:
Sunsett1845 (09-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

Sunsett1845 HB User

I take Neurontin, hydrocortisone and Methocarbonol (sp)
My legs ache continuously, knees are totally "gone", the new pain just feels like inside , bone, aches. If I don't take my meds every 3 hours, I suffer terribly. I can feel it "coming on" once I take pills, it takes at least 1/2 hour to decrease pain. I have a lot of leg cramps/spasms. Thank you

Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Have you seen a spine doc, why do they say you have leg pain. If you do a lot of sitting, I'm sure your glutes and hamstrings could certainly use daily stretching. Have you seen a PM doc, have you tried ESI's, TENS, TINS, Acupuncture, nerve blocks, what else have you tried aside from meds?
Dave

Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
(female)

Sunsett1845 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreline View Post
Have you seen a spine doc, why do they say you have leg pain. If you do a lot of sitting, I'm sure your glutes and hamstrings could certainly use daily stretching. Have you seen a PM doc, have you tried ESI's, TENS, TINS, Acupuncture, nerve blocks, what else have you tried aside from meds?
Dave
Exercising in pool, and some leg stretching. I am disabled and unable to go to therapy. When my legs start aching. If I move my foot the wrong way, I get horrible Charlie horses. Have had many epidermal treatments and also cortisone shots in knees. My main diagnosis is fibromyalgia. I have bulging disks in back. Thank you for replying. Also had tens unit years ago. I go to pain management doctor. Have had too many serious health problems (cancer) and just don't want anymore surgery.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Sometimes it's important to know what caused that.
How were you injured?, I bet you were injured.
Another misfortune case of car accident?-------Please don't tell me that it what happened.
I just don't want to hear another misfortune case of car accident.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
(female)

Sunsett1845 HB User

No accident, old age and too much exercising and rollerblading.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
(female)

Sunsett1845 HB User

Honestly, bad joints in feet replaced and carpal tunnel - lots of falling on rollerblades! Paying price now :-(

Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
(female)

inome82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsett1845 View Post
I have chronic leg pain - it is getting worse every day. I do not want to increase the medications I'm taking - anyone have any hints? Thank you
I have alot of chronic leg pain also. It recently increased after the birth of my last child 6 months ago. I do notice that if I am able to do my yoga and stretches that it is a little better but still bad at night. Mine is caused from fibromyalgia. My doctor recently added Robaxin to my night time meds and that has helped. During the day it helps to move around and use the muscles. Even when I have had desk jobs I always stand and move around to keep the muscles from "bunching up" (thats how my pain always feels when it is starting).

The following user gives a hug of support to inome82:
Sunsett1845 (10-01-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to inome82 For This Useful Post:
Sunsett1845 (10-01-2012)
Reply Reply