Re: any ideas?
[QUOTE=flyaway12;5091222]Not all of my current issues involve pain, but there is chronic pain involved. I'm just wondering what my next step is. Whether I need to ask for pcp for testing, or to see a specialist.
I've been getting infections (colds, sinus infections, tonsilitis, laryngitis, pink eye, vaginal infections, etc) every 3-4 weeks for the past year. It started shortly after I had my son with me getting sick more frequently and got to the point where it was at least once monthly. My pcp usually didn't do any tests, just gave me antibiotics and steroids until the next time. I saw an ENT specialist several months ago who recommeneded a tonsilectomy. I had that done the first week of September. Unfortunately, I'm still having chronic throat pain (daily for the last year) and I'm still getting sick the same amount.
I'm not sure if all of these things are connected, or if I'm just having multiple problems.
- low immune function (infection every 3-4 weeks)
- chronic throat pain (been on Vicodin for about 6 months for this)
-shortness of breath
-chronic nose bleeds
- joint pain (almost constant, but more severe when it's cold or raining)
- I was diagnosed with both IBS-D and rosacea about 10 years ago. Both were under control for several years, and both started flaring up very badly earlier this year
- red,itchy, swollen eyes (regular basis since the pink eye)
Singulair 10 mg
ProAir inhaler (every 4 hours)
Bactroban (for nose bleeds)
Pataday Eye Drops
Pamelor 25 mg (to control IBS-D)
Lomotil (for diarrhea)
Hydrocodone/APAP 5/500 (every 4 hours)
Ibuprofen 600 mg (every 6 hours)[/QUO
Hi flyaway, Im so sorry that you arent getting better after your tonsillectomy & all that you have been through. I think that i would seek out a second ENT opinion & I would be sure to include all the symptoms. I hope you can get diagnosed quickly & the problem is easily remedied.
Last edited by gmak; 12-16-2012 at 02:36 PM.