It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
(male)

mannalive HB User
Oxycodone 40 MG ER ?

Oxycodone 40 MG ER is the generic version of oxycontin 40 MG ER it was taken off the Mkt. A couple of years ago because of a Perdue lawsuit. That is supposed to expire in 2013 We are almost there. Has anyone heard of generic
Oxycodone 40 MG ER becoming available soon? I hope it does!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Oxycodone 40 MG ER ?

The original version/patent of OxyContin by Purdue Pharma will expire in April 2013. The new version/patent doesn't run out until 2025.

Purdue has 16 patent-infringement lawsuits pending against many of the generic manufacturers including Watson and Teva.

Purdue is lobbying very hard to extend it's exclusive rights to the drug (original version) as it had to spend $100 million to develop the new formula to help curtail abuse.

So...we shall see what happens...

I switched years ago from OxyContin to MSContin and am actually on less milligrams and have been on this for 3 years now with no issues and good pain relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply