It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Pain Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

Heidskins HB User
Smile Weight management

My husband was looking at pictures of our Hawaii trip last year around this time. He said he was surprised when he saw just how thin I've become in comparison. Living with someone every day you done see it as drastically. This morning he commented on how skinny I looked....so I weighed myself. 135 lbs compared to 180lbs a year ago. I'm not skin and bones, but over a 5'9" frame it's very noticeable. I try to eat, and when I do it's healthy. Being so busy and add stress pain and anxiety = no appetite. I have to think about eating or ill go all day and not even think about it. My wonderful husband cooks me great dinners (I get home late from work) and sometimes I have to force it down. I don't want to lose anymore weight. I'm growing tired of everyone saying, "omg you've lost weight, what are you down to," "what are you doing cuz you look great!" We'll, I don't feel great....and I don't know how to answer those questions because they done understand. So I lie.. And say, "Diet and excersize!"
I know one thing that helps but it's illeagle. Anyone else have the same issue? I know it can go both ways but tips on how to maintain?

Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Weight management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidskins View Post
My husband was looking at pictures of our Hawaii trip last year around this time. He said he was surprised when he saw just how thin I've become in comparison. Living with someone every day you done see it as drastically. This morning he commented on how skinny I looked....so I weighed myself. 135 lbs compared to 180lbs a year ago. I'm not skin and bones, but over a 5'9" frame it's very noticeable. I try to eat, and when I do it's healthy. Being so busy and add stress pain and anxiety = no appetite. I have to think about eating or ill go all day and not even think about it. My wonderful husband cooks me great dinners (I get home late from work) and sometimes I have to force it down. I don't want to lose anymore weight. I'm growing tired of everyone saying, "omg you've lost weight, what are you down to," "what are you doing cuz you look great!" We'll, I don't feel great....and I don't know how to answer those questions because they done understand. So I lie.. And say, "Diet and . Anyone else have the same issue? I know it can go both ways but tips on how to maintain?
Hi heidikins, Yes, ive lost 30 lbs over 3-4 mths without wanting to, no appetite & no other symptoms but chronic pain that has been horrid. Idk why. Idk if having a disease or body dysmorphia is more worrisome now, i dont want to have bony legs, no butt @ 56, im ok now just cant lose more, eating has never been my fave but this is too much & so im trying to eat more, lost hunger pains when this happened before so I get someone to call when lunch time & eat when other family members eat so dont forget to eat, just doing stretches as exercise, have dr appt to get checked, b/c of pain i stay home alot so i havent gotten any rude comments. This happened before,gradually got it back & i do not like when im scratching my side & i feel ribs & even my new shoes are all too big! So, i understand & hope that this turns around soon for both of us!

Last edited by gmak; 02-02-2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo, info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
(female)

Paininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB UserPaininohio HB User
Re: Weight management

I have some issues myself, except I'm still extra large, I've been averaging losing a few pounds a week. I also have IBS, which doesn't help. Fruits, vegetables and fats, go right through me. Protein is the only thing that my body doesn't reject. So i would suggest, if your not hungry than to at least have a protein shake and make sure you take vitamins so your body has the nutrients, if it can't have the calories.

The Following User Says Thank You to Paininohio For This Useful Post:
gmak (02-05-2013)
Reply Reply