It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
(male)

hurricaneyears HB User
new guy needs help

I can't believe how time flies .

In the past 2 weeks I attended 2 coda meetings, and the information I took home with me through people's own experiences has been helpful but I feel I need more help.

I havent admitted the full truth about my codependency's

I feel I am in hell. I probabally crossed many lines. I have develope close loving feelings to a room mate and it became sexual.

I wanted more, but the other person did not, and even asked me if I was ok with doing this stating he wasn't relationship oriented at the time in their life.

This person suffers from Ptsa and I just give a dam about them. They have made some irresponsible choices in the past and I spend a majority of my time trying to prevent him from making bad choices.

I did express my feelings toward him but have felt so inadequate with myself since then. We have a bond like any true friendship would. I want more, I give a dam for his well being. I bought most of this out in the open with him and he felt it was best to stop our sexual relations as well.

During this time I all my other wounds have bled out of me. I have issues with how people precieve me in social circles. I constantly compare myself to others. My anxiety level in the mornings when I wake are at high levels.

I see a therapist, a psychiatrist who treats me for ADHD.

I dont seem to shake this well and it has affected my other friendships. This has got a grip on me where I need to let go but its so hard to step out of my safety zone and go and do things with others. I just want to be near the person I care about.

I also have jelousy & insecurity issues when this person branches out and socializes with other people besides myself.

I just wont give my head a rest and learn to let go. There is one coda meeting a I fully comfortable (gay and lesbian friendly ) than others. I just wish they met more than once a week.

Its difficult to concentrate on my work when I am away from home and its been difficult to work on myself.

I think I have said enough

I would like some positve input here. I am also seeking a good psychiatrist that is more familar with adult adhd.

I am not sure if talking to a psychologist vs a therapist is bettor or not ??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread