It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

mae0329 HB User
Question Hello I'm New Here

Does anyone here know about Drug Court and or meth addictions? I am so discouraged my daughter was put into the program on Wednesday, and failed 2 out of three drug test by Tuesday of the folowing week. I feel s helpless. I"m probably in the wrong place. Her addiction is to Meth is an addiction to meth so strong that she would mess up that fast? Is there not some kind od medicine that wll help her?

Last edited by mae0329; 06-08-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: misspellings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Hello I'm New Here

Drug court can be a good thing if the judge is truly concerned about the addict. I have seen people in drug court and on probation go in and take their pee test with a condom taked on their side with someone else's pee. I think the test takers should have to have some one right there. I have also seen the judge let 2-3 dirty tests pass by....but this soon, not sure what judge might do. Nothing is going to help until she is ready to put it down. You can spend money, talk til your blue, cry for days...but this is an ongoing cycle. Nothing helps an addict until they are ready to help themselves. AA will tell you that and also there are two optins for an addict...get clean, go to prison or die. My 25 yr old son died in a one-car accident a month ago, alcohol and xanax..been battling these demons for years. All you can do is pray for them and let them know when they decide to get clean, you will be there. Until then, go do what you will, but don't involve anyone else. It's too painful and it will consume you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread