It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
(male)

worriedguilty HB User
Help! My wife's addicted to bass/speed

My wife has been on speed for 2 years now. At first it was a way for her to lose weight (everything else has failed), but now she uses it to block out the horrific things that happened to her in her previous relationship. Her ex-partner was a violent & sadistic "man" who basically abused her physically & mentally for four years & still will not leave her alone (even breaking in to our home and attacking her in front of two of our children). she was only 15 when she met him & i met her just months after she finally left him. she suffered with flash backs, nightmares, intimacy issues, to name just a few. we have been together for 5 years & now have 3 beautiful children (they have never seen any of her drug taking as she always goes out until she is "straight"), & as a result she refuses to go to her doctor as she is petrified he will tell social services. i have tried to help her but i think i have made the situation 10 times worse. she was on a "come down" two weeks ago & was really nasty to me (blaming me for not protecting her like i promised) so i told her enough was enough & she had to stop or get out. she didnt leave & she did stop for six days. however, she was so emotional, angry & scared that her ex would find her again & the nightmares came back(she hadnt had one for almost two years) that i told her to go & get some as i could not bare to see her go through that again. she had come so far in terms of feeling safe and trusting of me & even some of my male friends & all i've done is put her through hell. she has admitted that even when she is high she no longer feels safe & i have caught her literally forcing herself to even open the front door to put out the rubbish. please is there anyone who can help us

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Help! My wife's addicted to bass/speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedguilty View Post
My wife has been on speed for 2 years now.

we have been together for 5 years & now have 3 beautiful children
she refuses to go to her doctor as she is petrified he will tell social services

she was so emotional, angry & scared that her ex would find her again & the nightmares came back(she hadnt had one for almost two years) that i told her to go & get some as i could not bare to see her go through that again.
she has admitted that even when she is high she no longer feels safe & i have caught her literally forcing herself to even open the front door to put out the rubbish. please is there anyone who can help us
Hello worried,

Regroup and think about what has transpired.

Ask yourself how much do you love your family.....

If the answer is: "enough to want to see them safe and sound" then let me suggest this.

Go see her doctor ASAP and explain the situation to him.

See what options you have at that point.

If you can afford to care for the children,in the event that she is committed to a facility.

If you cannot,are there grandparents or other relatives that can take care of them?

It seems that she has symptoms of PTSD and is in crisis mode.

The fact that she stated the narcotics she currently uses have become ineffective should not be taken lightly.

Therein lies the possibility of her seeking something stronger and potentially more harmful to her well being.

In this family dynamic, it can only have a trickle down effect on you and the children.

Please stop enabling her;you may feel you are helping but it actually hinders her.

Notice that I used the first part of your username and not the last.

No time to dwell on what has already been done.

It's time to do what needs to be done;now.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 06-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
(female)

rhgirl HB User
Re: Help! My wife's addicted to bass/speed

So sorry to hear your plea. please seek counselling for YOURSELF with others that are dealing with the same issues. You will gain insight on how to help yourself, your wife, and your children.
You can not help your wife until you help yourself on how to deal with addicts. Been there!

Closed Thread