It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
(female)

tiffanipaul HB User
help loved one with fentanyl patch

my brother in law has just come home from the hopsital due to a over dose. he had shot up meth, a doz methadone and a hand full of vic over a three say bender, somehow he was the one to come to us and say he needed to go to the er. the doctor has given him the fentaynal patch, one the night he got to the er, and one to go home on yesterday. we are having the worst time finding him a medical detox due to the fact that he has no ins, and are scared of what he will do, or whats going to happen to him in the way of withdrawls. if anyone has ANY advice that would be amazing!!

Old 06-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: help loved one with fentanyl patch

Hello T,

My advice would be to send him back to the ER and if they keep releasing him,then keep sending him back,via ambulance.

In the meantime,you can check to see if there's a medicaid department within the hospital and explain the situation to them,on his behalf.

You can also contact the mental health association for your locale,on his behalf.

Ultimately,he will need to make tough decisions for himself and I hope he makes the right one's...

for his sake.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-25-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
(female)

Patches30 HB User
Re: help loved one with fentanyl patch

So, I wanted to write a new post ( not in answer to this) but could not figure out how to do so. Anyway, long sort short, I am addicted to Fentanyl patch 100 and percocet. I do have a chronic illness and have been on them for 3 yrs. I was on 50, not enough so I went somewhere else and between the two docs, I am now using 100 mg and get prescription monthly. One doc found out about the other. One doc cut me off after 3 years cold turkey the other gave me a break but only thinks I am on 50 to last a month. They last 15 days. Hwhen I saw him I told him I needed a refill because I ran out early because I was using more then I should. I have been doing this 3 years but he does not know that and will not up my dose. In fact, he wants to taper me off completely but it will be useless because he. Thinks I use 50 to last the month. Ok, this post is too long. The point, doc thinks I am on 50 mg to last a month. I am on 100 lasting 15 days. I will be out in 13 days and can't go cold turkey and afraid to tell the doc because he has been understanding but will not put up with anything more. I am freaking out already by the thought of it. Oh yeah, the other doc had a referral for pain management for me but flagged them that I am an addict. Tolerance is different than addict but that's a long story left for later.
I am usually good about paragraphs, punctuation, and spelling but not tonight.
Thanks. I need help. I ran out once and the detox cold turkey was unbearable.

Closed Thread