It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Codependency Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

GinaLee HB User
Talking Addiction/Co-dependency Part Deaux

The previous board just passed the 3-page mark... I figured it's time to start a new thread!

These are the last couple of posts that are the current subject of the day:

chippie
Funny, I can't use the tub because there is a broken joist underneath it and I am more afraid than ever of drinking because I recently lost a bunch of weight and can't afford the calories! I guess I am more of a garde variety neurotic that a closet alcoholic!! I have codependant tendencies as well and am not always sure if I am being codependant or generous. For example, I get up early to make my man's lucnh each day. Actually, I am up early anyway, so I make his lunch. I make dinner everynight too and I serve it to him. He doesn't ask me to and always is genuinely appreciative about it. So is that codependant? Even though I do it for my own enjoyment? I was so sure of everything til I started reading this thread! You crazy women are making me think and I don't appreciate it one bit!

GinaLee:
Chippie, Co-dependency is "allowing" the substance abuser to function by "cleaning up the messes".. by phoning the boss to say he or she is too sick to show up for work. It's the feeling that YOU know best for someone else more than the person whom you've chosen to "fix"...
It's the taking on of others problems and making them yours...
It's living your life vicariously through someone else instead of dealing with your own life.
Co-dependency (CD) encompasses even more than my last remaining and overtaxed brain cell can remember.

You my dear, do not qualify. Count your blessings!!!

I know how you feel on the weight gain issue! Some people actually lose weight on the stuff. I actually managed to fit right back into my "skinny" clothes within 6 weeks after the birth of my first child...all the while drinking way more than is considered reasonable.
Today, I can laugh at what I used to deem too much! I'm way past that threshhold.

Also... welcome to the club of the outward neurotics! It certainly is nice to meet you!

The thread was just too long... I hope that you (whoever you may be) will post to this thread now in response to the original thread.

------------------
Gina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 11:14 AM   #2
Inactive

chippie HB User
I'm with ya babe. Just responded to your post on the sex addiction thread. I am getting confused with what I am saying where so if I sound bonky about something, check the other thread!!!

Old 03-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

GinaLee HB User
Lightbulb

I already did Sunshine.. and I have already responded! You are a lovely lady. Thank you.

------------------
Gina

Closed Thread