It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2003, 12:12 AM   #1

kel619 HB User
new here and scared

Hi everyone
im kelle im 26. ok heres my story. last sunday i started to get flu like symptoms. chills, body aches, actually my body aches all over, nausea, abdominal pain, sweaty palms,no appetite, very weak and tired. I have felt this way all week and i still feel this way. only everyday i feel worse instead of better. this is day 10. i also have anxiety and depression. i went to the ER yesterday where they told me i had viral gastroenteritis. they said if i dont see improvment come back, and they will check for mono. what im freaking out about is i dont see improvment. each day i feel horrible and im so sick waking up feeling this way. all i do is cry and wonder why isnt my symptoms leaving, what is going on..all week my anxiety has been through the roof cause i dont feel myself getting better. i am a wreck. everyone is telling me its my anxiety causing me to feel so bad. they say if i just get out and forget it i will feel better but im so exhausted ai dont feel like it. i was on lexapro for 6 months and it didnt do anything. i just started prozac again. im just drained. and scared. I was wondering if anyone can help me out..Thank you
Kelle
xoxo

Old 11-09-2003, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

zusanna HB User
Hi Kel, I don't know why they didn't test you for mono the first time you were in the ER. If I were you I would go back and get tested. With those symptoms it could be alot of different things.

Also something else is it could just be stress from your anxiety and depression. I know I have both also. When I was first diagnosed I also got very sick like you are and I went through tons of tests to see what was wrong with me and finally after they couldn't find anything they began to ask me questions about how I was feeling psychologically and asked if anything was bothering me and finally after an evaluation they diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. I started on some meds and seen a psychologist for awhile and I've been fine since. Has anything happened to really upset you latelly??

Like I said it could be alot of different things. Just to be on the safe side I would go back to the ER and tell them you are not getting better and have them do some tests. If nothing comes up than it might just be stress. Hope this helps and I hope you start feeling better.

Piscean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2003, 08:33 AM   #3

kimberly123 HB User
Angry Re: new here and scared

Hi Kelle, I can TOTALLY relate. I became ill Thursday, Similiar symptoms as yours but no fever. Clammy hands, dizzy, VERY VERY WEAK, naseaus, tired, etc. i went to the ER friday because it was making me VERY nervous. I also suffer from panic and anxiety but i look sick and am sick. They did a CBC at the ER and a metabolic profile and a nasal culture. They said all my tests were fine, THANK GOD and it was a virus. BUT i am not getting better either. I have a call in to my family Dr. but i know he must have the ER records so i doubt he will do anything else. In my more rational moments I think this really is a virus thats making the anxiety, stress, depression, etc worse. Let us know how you are doing. I too am scared . Kim

Old 12-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #4

ctvibe HB User
Re: new here and scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly123
Hi Kelle, I can TOTALLY relate. I became ill Thursday, Similiar symptoms as yours but no fever. Clammy hands, dizzy, VERY VERY WEAK, naseaus, tired, etc... THANK GOD and it was a virus... BUT i am not getting better either... In my more rational moments I think this really is a virus thats making the anxiety, stress, depression, etc worse. Let us know how you are doing. I too am scared . Kim
Finally, I've found some others with similar symptoms! I'm a 27 year old male, I've been looking online all weekend for some discussion of these symptoms. Last Saturday was so bad, I felt like I was really going to die! I was in my friend's car, and made him pull over. The next day I was going to go to the ER, but luckily for me, I had a walk-in medical center neaby open on Sunday mornings, and I was told the same thing... that it was a virus. My big concern is that my body feels "puffy." I think that nobody understands what I mean, but it's like my body feels really soft, swollen almost, but without looking swollen, and just a little pain. I took last week off from work, and I'm supposed to go back tomorrow, and I don't know if I can make it! Today I've been having problems with a very upset stomach when I try to eat, and some very unpleasant diarreah. What's going on? Is this some type of flu? I have no coughing or sneezing, but the rest of me feels so ill? At least I've finally found some others with similar symptoms. I must have done close to 1000 searches since this morning!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
Veteran

mjmaciver HB User

Hi kel, another option to consider that alot don't is food poisoning. alot of people during flu season just brush off flu like symptoms as being the flu when actually if u look in a medical text almost every illness has flu-like symptoms just something to think about

Old 12-09-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
(female)

dallashoney HB User

I had the same exact symptoms that kept me in bed for ten days. There are hundreds of cases that sound the same all around Dallas. I think that the flu this year has some gastrointestinal symptom along with a sore throat, fever and cough. There is just to many people with the same stuff for it not be to the flu or food poisoning.

Old 12-14-2003, 09:49 PM   #7

texasangel518 HB User

Hi everyone,
My problem is kind of the same.. Im 19 year old female... I thought maybe i was suffring from T.S.S or something, because i dont have a runny nose or cough.
~Back Pains
~my admind feels bloded and kind of painful
~fever high 101.1(on and off)
~tired
~chst and rib pain
~head ake
~chills
~dihreea
~stomich ake
what is this i have no clue...i just starred a new job so cant reallly take off to go to the doc. inless i absualty have to...I dont know if this is T.S.S or what please help ..oh i almost forgot it has been gong on for about 5 ddays now...its not too bad i mean ican go to work and all its justthe fever and pain scares me. i also have anxiety and panic disorders...but when something is wrong with you, you know it..anonehave any ideas what this is.
Oh and bye the way whats that gas...something or other people are talking about??
Thanks jess

Last edited by texasangel518; 12-14-2003 at 09:52 PM.

Closed Thread