It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2003, 09:30 PM   #1

ginabeena HB User
Viral Infection

I have been sick for the past 3 weeks now.

Clammy, fatigue, headaches, etc.

My throat is starting to look swollen and my tonsils are enlarged. I went to the doctor last week and had some blood taken. I got the results back and the only thing they found abnormal was my white blood cell count which was elevated.

I have been clammy and everything and my doctor says I most likely have a viral infection, is there anything I can do about this?

Old 11-05-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
About the only thing you can do with a virus is treat the symptoms. Drink lots of liquid, get plenty of rest and take Vit C. I drink lots of orange juice when I have a sore throat, sounds contradictory acid on acid but it fights the fire of a sore throat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2003, 09:47 AM   #3

charley98 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchiewoman
Nope, there are no cures for viral infections. All you can do is take medications to ease the symptoms such as an analgesic for the headaches (acetaminophen, ibuprophen, etc), and whatever else your symptoms maybe. As for the fatigue all I can suggest is rest. However, be sure to drink lots of clear fluids like juice and water. Don't drink milk because milk components can sometimes raise the chemical levels of your medicines and intensify the effects. Hope you feel better.
hi, i have been sick myself for the past month or so, not feeling great, very tired, nose stuffed up, swollen glands, and just feeling very tired. I think it is a virus too. Drinking liquids hasn't really helped me, i have been drinking lots of water, and herbal teas. I feel better than i did, but still not 100%. I think whatever virus is out there ,its very powerful because i am not one to be sick for very long, and i have felt this way for about a month.

Old 11-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
(female)

sugarplum_pdx HB User
Hi, I'm in the same situation. I had a bad cold almost a month ago, with a terrible cough, sore throat, stuffy nose etc. Then I felt better for a week or so, and then it sort of came back. Mainly I just have this lingering cough/congestion, post nasal drip, and feel kind of clammy/hot on and off (but don't seem to have a fever). I asked my doctor about it, and he said if I don't have a fever, I don't have an infection and there's no reason to take antibiotics or anything. I've even started worrying it's something serious because at times I feel like it's hard to breathe normally and my chest just feels weird. But my doctor seems to just think it's a virus. I'm getting really sick of it. I usually don't get sick for more than a couple days when I do get sick ...

Closed Thread