It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 02:59 PM   #1
Inactive

University HB User
Unhappy Long-term, unilateral tonsil pain

I hope I'm not breaching netiquette by posting this in several forums--If I am, please tell me

I'm male, 34, and in good health (I hope). But my right tonsil has been "achy" (not a burning or stinging) for months now. But I've had no fever--and the tonsil looks normal.

The only way in which the affected tonsil differs from the left one is that it has deep "crypts," or crevices; however, I cannot see any matter/calulus/etc. in these holes.

My GP saw me twice and referred me to an ENT, who I'll see Monday. But I'm kinda scared that it's something horrible like lymphoma or tonsil cancer. I don't drink, and am only a light smoker. The pain is worse when I swallow or, especially, after I sneeze. It does not respond to antihistamines, decongestants, or corticosteroids.

Any ideas/advice? TIA

PS. I have no lymph swelling that I'm aware of, and my doctor didn't notice any. I've had LOTS of dental work over the past few years, but just had dental Xrays, which showed no abscesses or problems..

Old 11-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #2

AbleLena HB User
Hello,

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum126/HTML/002251-7.html[/url] is a thread about tonsilloliths that develop in cryptic tonsils. It's a rather disgusting, yet informative read, and may be pertinent to you.

Good luck,

Lena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread