It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #1

darkside3666 HB User
Unhappy cold, now bloody spitting a loogie :-/

Hey I've had a cold now for the past week and not had thrown up or any diahrea just 103.2 temp yesterday well i have had a cough and the past few mornings i would wake up and have to cough and hock a loogie and its not the same thick nasty and i would spit it out... well 10 times or so lay back down day after day and a few times during the day well this morning i woke up had to do it and noticed it was covered with blood and all the ones i spit out the days before. i dont know if i should go to the doctor about this... thanks and another thing.. the roof of my mouth in the back and like top of my throad hurts everytime i swallow bad, my mom said something about having to get my tonsil removed well i dont know if i should consult a doctor or go to the hospital now or anything! Thanks for your help and good night

Old 11-29-2003, 10:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: cold, now bloody spitting a loogie :-/

Yes, go to the doctor. If you have 103º fever, it's not a cold. I would suspect you either had the flu or a cold that has turned into a secondary infection (probably sinus).

I have the same thing plus laryngitis. After a week and a half of green snot and no voice, I did go to the doctor. Any mucous that is coloured green is prime for antibiotics.

The blood stuff is probably the mucous membranes very irritated from the cold/infection and constantly coughing or blowing your nose will cause it to bleed even more.

You could try steaming yourself to help rehydrate the membranes. I did everything I know to care for myself, but I got worse. My fever wasn't high, but it was just above normal. It goes up a bit more, but not serious like 103º.

Go and get it swabbed. You could have tonsilitis, and if so, it's probably strep.....you want to deal with it quickly.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Get well soon.
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2003, 09:48 AM   #3

darkside3666 HB User
Lightbulb Re: cold, now bloody spitting a loogie :-/

Thanks so much I got a little more info last night but didn't have time to get on to say it but I looked with a flashlight in the mirror bathroom lol well it was really red in back and I rolled up a piece of tiolet paper, touched the back of my throat, pulled it out and coughed gagged like usual and it had blood at the end so i guess its somewhat there and my mucous membranes I think like you said but thanks and I'll go to the doctor last night it was.... Hmm.. 100.9 Not bad, but coulda' been better. Thanks alot and I'll stay tuned to other posts!

I still have my voice no green snot I dont think but highly unlikely I haven't noticed.
HAven't been blowing my nose much but have been coughing alot so I'll talk to my parents to get me to a doctor no problem. Thanks again

Closed Thread