It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2003, 06:33 PM   #1

RichMan HB User
The Flu, fever and temperatures (taking)

I posted a reply to a question from worried sick regarding what temperature is a fever.I didn't see the reply posted. Thread may be closed. I would say based on experience with past severe flu cases, where I ran fevers (range of 102F and higher) the determination was based on my physical state initially (was I previously run down, were there other factors?) and then by having my temperature taken. This too involved a few factors. It came down to: 1. Route of measurement (Oral, Rectal or by ear) 2. Type thermometer used (Glass mercury, digital, electronic with probe or ear thermometer. It seemed the rectal readings with glass mercury thermometers which were normally used to verify high oral readings were somewhat higher, and as I was told, most accurate. Hopefully none of us here experience this new strain now out there. Take care, all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread