It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 05:57 PM   #1

strwberryblnd67 HB User
help!!!! The flu shot

I took my 6 yr old daughter to get her flu shot (asthma and chronic upper resp) she got her first part of the shot and we went out to make the second appointment and they said that there wouldnt be any left come jan 5,,, im scared to death now what do i do??????? i wanted to scream why would they give her the first part what good will a half of a shot do,,,,,,,, any suggestions for me ,,,,, thank you

Old 12-08-2003, 12:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: help!!!! The flu shot

I would call other pediatricians in your phone book and see if they have any vaccines left. The full shot is only $20 and the nurse gives it to you so you don't pay for an office visit. You can also call your local county health clinics to see if they have some. I heard in our area that there are a lot of the nasal spray flu vaccine available because it costs more ($34). So you can ask if they have either one of those. Part of a shot is better than none.

Last edited by Belle2003; 12-08-2003 at 12:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: help!!!! The flu shot

My 6-month old, who has chronic health/lung problems JUST got his first shot last week. Made an appointment for 30 days later for the second one. Was told at the time there's PLENTY of flu vaccine available. This week, I called regarding test results and was by the nurse that there probably won't be any left. You'd THINK that the clinic would reserve a few batches for high risk people. Nope. Was basically told to come in right away -- can't he can't have the shot yet -- or we're out of luck. Argh!

And the nasal flu vaccine apparently shouldn't be used on very young, very old people or ones with chronic health/lung problems because it's actually a LIVE flu virus instead of dead virus. So that's not an option.

Last edited by Ratatosk; 12-09-2003 at 11:29 AM.

Closed Thread