It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 07:38 AM   #1

sher56 HB User
will the flu shot be effective!

Hello, my kids recieved one dose of the flu shot on Dec.2 they are supposed to get another on Jan. 2 .But The nurse said she cannot say for sure if they will have any left.Stupid me thought that they would automatically save the second dose for every child that was due to get one but she said they can't!My question is if they can't get the second dose how effective will the first dose be? Will it give them any protection? And does anyone know if anyone(of any age) who has gotten the flu shot has died if they caught the flu anyway?Or if the flu was milder in that person? All I hear about on the news is the childrens deaths.Has anyone older died?And what is the basic reason the people have died? Is it the staph infection or something else?Sorry this is so long but I think the media needs to start reporting more details instead of just saying some children have died and flu shots are almost gone.In anybodys opinion is the media blowing this story up?Sorry this was so long just want some info!

Old 12-11-2003, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: will the flu shot be effective!

I'm with you. I'm just about panic-stricken. Were any of the children who've died of the flu given the vaccine.

My child is 6-months old and has health problems. Doctors said he HAS to get the flu shot. Got his last week, made an appointment for next month and now am told they probably won't have any flu vaccine left. I guess I thought too that they'd reserve some vaccine for "special needs" cases.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread