It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 26
mr. helpme HB User
Unhappy Scared About Flu!!!

What Are The Complications That People Are Dyinf From After The Flu And What Are The Probablities That Will Happen?

 
Old 12-11-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 42
perfix HB User
Re: Scared About Flu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. helpme
What Are The Complications That People Are Dyinf From After The Flu And What Are The Probablities That Will Happen?
Unless you are in a terrible health, are from a young age or a senior you should not be worried. I expect the flu to hit with me any time now! I have it every year. The past 5 years everytime in January just after the holidays. 2 years ago I got it really bad and almost ended up in hospital. Was out more then 2 weeks from the flu. Don"t worry, worrying causes stress and stress affects your immune system

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-12-2003, 12:14 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 26
mr. helpme HB User
Re: Scared About Flu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfix
Unless you are in a terrible health, are from a young age or a senior you should not be worried. I expect the flu to hit with me any time now! I have it every year. The past 5 years everytime in January just after the holidays. 2 years ago I got it really bad and almost ended up in hospital. Was out more then 2 weeks from the flu. Don"t worry, worrying causes stress and stress affects your immune system

that sux i have anxiety and stress

 
Old 12-12-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,071
Dakota HB User
Re: Scared About Flu!!!

I belive most people who are dying from the flu are suffering from pnemonia as well. (Complication of the flu)

If you get the flu just take care of yourself....don't over exhert yourself and you should be fine.

 
Old 12-13-2003, 03:27 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 26
mr. helpme HB User
Re: Scared About Flu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
I belive most people who are dying from the flu are suffering from pnemonia as well. (Complication of the flu)

If you get the flu just take care of yourself....don't over exhert yourself and you should be fine.

i really dont have it unless its very mild or a bad cold (hopefully) but my girlfriend has it. she has a sore throat phlem stuffy nose headache..she also has sinuses so i am praying to god its a cold with a sore throat and bad sinuses. im scared shytless about me and especially about her.

 
Old 12-13-2003, 06:31 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: tx
Posts: 86
christie s HB User
Re: Scared About Flu!!!

Usually when you get the flu you feel like you have been ran over by a mac truck. Sore throat, achey and sore all over, high fever, sinuses are going crazy, and vomitting. Basically, you have to just take care of yourself, take meds to help with the symptoms and make sure you drink lots of fluids like water, gatorade or powerade. It is easy to dehydrate, which can cause lots of problems.

If you are taking care of yourself then you shouldn't have any problems. If you think you are getting that bad, call or go to the doctor. I just got over a sinus infection, which was treated with antibiotics. If when you blow your nose it is yellow or green, more than likely it is an infection and can be treated with antibiotics.

 
Old 01-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ontario ,canada
Posts: 475
engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Re: Scared About Flu!!!

If your worried about compications from the flue (ie Pnemonia) stay far away from anyone with a cold or broncitus usually that is what turns the flue into pnemonia 914 times and counting here ,and every time you get pnemonia it scars your lungs ...fun hmmmm?

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



janewhite1 (5), JJ (4), ladybud (3), twanger (2), berto (1), Jarlena (1), Titchou (1), itburns2004 (1), scott1360 (1), RS23BT (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1009), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (760), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!