It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

chinakate HB User
Question Should I go to pediatrician?

My 6 year old daughter has what I believe is a sinus infection. Stuffy, geen mucus, headache, no fever. We have been there done that many times before. Because it is pretty routine to me I feel all she will need is an antibiotic prescription, and some TLC from mom. I am worried to take her to the pediatrician, as there is ALOT of flu here, and the germs might be concentrated in the pediatrician's office. I am usually not paranoid of germs, but this flu causing the death of children has gotten me really spooked. Do you think the pediatrician will honor my wishes, and just call in a prescription? Can they do that? I really do not want her to come out of their office with something worse than she went in with! Am I overly concerned?

Old 12-26-2003, 11:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Should I go to pediatrician?

Hi,

Do you have a doctor service that does house calls? That may work for you.

If not....I would definitely call her doctor and enquire about getting a prescription. Some doctors would do it if it's a chronic thing (and the doctor trusts your description of what she has). It also depends on the laws of your state or province.

I don't think the doctor's office is as much a problem for the one flu that is feared as much as the hospitals or walk-in clinics would be. If you have to take her, you could give her a mask to wear while in the waiting room to protect her from any flu germs that might be sneezed or coughed her way. When you both leave the office, clean hands thoroughly in case you've touched anything that may have the flu virus on it -- before you touch your mouth or eyes with your hands.

I hope she gets relief soon and is quick in her recovery.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 12-26-2003 at 11:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 05:54 PM   #3

Gtpchic31 HB User
Re: Should I go to pediatrician?

I get sinus infections frequently and rather then going in to the doctors, i just give them a call and ask if i can get a rx called in. No hassles nothing. My mom does the same things. but i can imagine it varies with the doctor, but it is worth a shot. Good luck i hope all goes well

Closed Thread