It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2003, 11:21 AM   #1

TranscendingAbyss HB User
UGH!!!! How long!?!?

I got over my cold three days ago... but I'm still having to blow my nose constantly because of drainage... when will it stop? Could I have a sinus infection?

Old 12-30-2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: UGH!!!! How long!?!?

Hi,

If the mucus is yellowish-green, green or orange, it's a sinus infection.
I can relate to post nasal drip, and I hate it. I just got over a sinus/larynx infection.

If you're not sure, your doctor could do an x-ray which will show if you have an infection.

You could also try Sudafed (to open the passages and help drain), or an antihistamine (I use Allegra) to help dry and stop the drainage.

Sometimes a nasal lavage/wash helps...

If you're over your cold, the nasal passages will still be a bit inflammed and will produce more mucus and just keep dripping down the throat. If it's clear, I wouldn't worry, but the coloured mucus is definitely a concern that it's an infection.

Hope you feel better soon,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 07:15 PM   #3

dagmarharris HB User
Re: UGH!!!! How long!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingAbyss
I got over my cold three days ago... but I'm still having to blow my nose constantly because of drainage... when will it stop? Could I have a sinus infection?
I don't know about sinus infections..but I have had a cough since mid Nov. I have tried all kind of thing OTC, as my doctor said it is a virus. I went back to the dr. in mid dec. as I had a fever, and thought it was something new. Again, a virus.
I am now taking Clarin generic, and it seems to help. I would not be too concerned if you aren't having colored mucus coming up. I have clear, and this is a hard one to beat. Hope you have bettter luck than I have.
Anyone else with a cough for a longwhile? Curious for feedback.
I am now thinking it is allergy related, and that is why the Claritin is helping.
I think I have Post Nasal drip.
~dagmar let's all have a healthy 2004!
p.s. how does a nasal lavage/wash work...? Does it help a cough, Quincy?

Last edited by dagmarharris; 12-30-2003 at 07:17 PM.

Closed Thread