It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #1

myreality HB User
Flu/ Pnuemonia

Hello everyone. I have read your forum many times and figured it was time to join!
I wanted to tell anyone that has experiences with a sick child right now, that I am praying along with you and losing sleep too. In November, my four year old battled a horrid cough for a couple of weeks, which ended up to be Bronchitis. With steroids, anitbiotics, and breathing treatments, she recovered wonderfully!
Now, After three weeks of my six 6 year old coughing her head off to the point of vomiting (yes-she also had bronchitis and had actually gotten better ) she now has gotten the flu which has gone into pnuemonia into a matter of days!

I invited family over for Christmas and our pediatrician told us is that people are infected with Influenza and don't even realize it. I am a germ freak and it's airborn, so my anti-bacterial stuff is useless! My 6 year old has had fevers spiking as high as 104.7 so far and it has gone back to a normal temp then spiking back up again, along with a wheezing cough (went from a cough to a wheezing cough quickly),a slight ear infection, and over-all not feeeling good. They gave her the really strong antibiotic shot at the dr. office.

I am giving her breathing treatments every few hours, antibiotics, steroids, and alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 3-4 hrs when the fever is high. When the fever is lower, of course, I do the usual recommended dosage. Hope this will help someone see the warning signs!
Hope every stays healthy!!!
BFN

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread