It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

GeorgiaGirl404 HB User
Hydrogen Peroxide for colds, flu.....

Is anyone familiar with using hydrogen peroxide in the ears to ward off or cure a cold or the flu? If so, did you try it, and did it seem to help? I just read an article stating it was the best thing to do.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for colds, flu.....

Colds and flu viruses are brought into the body via the eyes, nose or mouth -- by touch, inhalation or ingestion.
I don't think one gets a cold or flu by the virus entering through the ears.

Just out of curiosity...how is it supposed to help?? What is the "action" of the peroxide that wards off a cold/flu?

Thanks,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #3

beebop_71 HB User
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for colds, flu.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl404
Is anyone familiar with using hydrogen peroxide in the ears to ward off or cure a cold or the flu? If so, did you try it, and did it seem to help? I just read an article stating it was the best thing to do.
I have done it with my girls (2 and 3yo) at the first sign of a cold, and so far it has seemed to keep it from progressing for the most part. It worked 3 times out of 4 so far this year on my 3yo, who was sick with a cold last year every 2-3 weeks from October to April. My 2 yo has needed the tx twice, and has not had the cold or flu yet.

Last week, my hubby tried the tx when he was coming down with a cold. It did not progress, but he did have a slight cold for a week. But, he did not treat himself every 4 hrs as recommended. He did it one morning and then that evening, then the next evening.

Closed Thread