It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 02:08 PM   #1

fatfree HB User
Smile Lemon Juice -- The Answer to Colds and Flus

Hi Everyone,

I want to let you in on an experiment I have been doing this winter on me and my kids. My brother is the one that got me going in this direction. Well so far it has worked.

Lemons - two tablespoons in a glass of water in the morning and at night. I have been drinking it and my 3 kids, ages 13, 9 and 6 have been drinking it. So far we have not had any colds or flus. At work over the past 2 months I have been working around others that have been sick constantly with either a cold or a flu. I usually catch one or the other during the winter.

So please try this. It is natural and doesn't cost a lot. I just use the 100% lemon juice from the grocery store.

My brother does the Master Cleanse which has other ingredients in it to cleanse his system. I have not done that yet.

Lemons help to get rid of the mucous in the body and cleanses it.

Well it is that simple. So try it and tell me if you have the same resultas a I have had.

Old 01-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #2

dagmarharris HB User
Re: Lemon Juice -- The Answer to Colds and Flus

[QUOTE=fatfree]Hi Everyone,

I want to let you in on an experiment I have been doing this winter on me and my kids. My brother is the one that got me going in this direction. Well so far it has worked.

Lemons -

So please try this. It is natural and doesn't cost a lot. I just use the 100% lemon juice from the grocery store.

Sounds like a good idea. I drank lemon and honey while I had a bad cough. I took it everywhere with me. I now came down with a slight fever today. I work with kids. Do you get the lemon juice in a jar or one of those squeeze fake lemons. I would like to do this. But don't you think the real lemons are better?
~dagmar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #3

dagmarharris HB User

Well, Good news. I have been trying your lemon idea, with fresh organic lemons. I still have mucus in morning but I feel empowered to do this. I thank you and am believing this is a ticket to good health and hopefully will dry up my post nasal drip in morning....
Anyone else doing the lemon hot drink?
curious....
dagmar

Old 01-17-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

In the book "Fat Flush" she recommends the hot lemon drink in the morning. I haven't tried it and forget what it does but I am trying the water and lemon juice idea posted here. I have a slight cold now. I will see what works. Thanks. But what exactly does it do?

Old 01-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

Also...the squeeze fake lemons...I found one that said 100% lemon juice not from concentrate. I use that. Lemons are expensive!!! LOL! I went looking today for some and they were 69 cents per lemon and the juice in the fake lemon was only 99 cents!!! But be careful...some are from concentrate.

Old 01-17-2004, 11:56 PM   #6

dagmarharris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey32
Also...the squeeze fake lemons...I found one that said 100% lemon juice not from concentrate. I use that. Lemons are expensive!!! LOL! I went looking today for some and they were 69 cents per lemon and the juice in the fake lemon was only 99 cents!!! But be careful...some are from concentrate.
HI, Abbey, do you live near a Trader Joe's? I found they have a whole bag of lemons that is quite reasonable. I think it was $2.50 or close to it. I also have read the Fat flush book. Are you doing the diet? My boyfriend did it and he really liked it. I had the book and he took it and did it. I try to drink the cran drink, which does feel good. I like that I feel less bloated. I forgot how she recommends the lemon drink too! Thanks for reminding me.
~dagmar
p.s. I think using real lemons makes sense as it is probably more healthy for us, don't you think?

Last edited by dagmarharris; 01-18-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

Hi. No, no Trader Joes. I liked the book too and liked the cran drink. It wasn't bad. Although cranberry juice was really expensive for the all natural. Almost $8 a bottle! I just got off track with the diet but I think it's a great one. Yes, I do think real lemons would do best.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:02 AM   #8

dagmarharris HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey32
Hi. No, no Trader Joes. I liked the book too and liked the cran drink. It wasn't bad. Although cranberry juice was really expensive for the all natural. Almost $8 a bottle! I just got off track with the diet but I think it's a great one. Yes, I do think real lemons would do best.
Wow, the cranberry juice is not the expensive at Trader Joe's...! Where do you live, in you don't mind saying. We have trader joe's in all cities near us, as well. I live in Calif. I pay $3.99, I think, for the cranberry juice which is undilluted.
I am drinking my lemon juice water, right now. I was lucky as I got two lemons from a lemon tree on my walk yesterday. I met a new neighbor as I was admiring her lemons. Look like I have a free supplier!!
~dagmar

Old 01-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #9

PinkBanana HB User

agreed...my mom highly reccomends lemon juice w/ salt for a sore throat when you are sick. I absolutely HATE it...tastes HORRIBLE, and hurts when you have strep..but it really does help. the acidity just kills all the bacteria.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User

I wouldn't say it kills a cold...?? Because I had a cold...then after about 2 days started the lemon water and I still have the cold. LOL. So, who knows.

I am in Colorado.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:42 AM   #11

fatfree HB User

Another suggestion is if you drink milk, you will continue to have a mucous build up whether you take the lemon drink or not. Try soy milk.

Make sure you are drinking 100% lemon juice if you are not squeezing lemons.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:16 AM   #12
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Taking vitamin c supplements will do the same thing as the lemon. There is also a product called emer' gen c. It comes in many flavors and it is loaded with b vitamins as well. You can get it at a decent price in Wal-Mart.

Last edited by girlygirly; 01-20-2004 at 10:17 AM.

Closed Thread