It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
How long does a cold last?

I have had what I think is a cold since the week of Christmas. It was first just a runny nose and now a cough I can't get rid of. I have heard 3-5 days, 7 days, 10 days to get rid of it. Which is true? Or are they all wrong?
Artbuggy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 09:17 PM   #2
(female)

bee HB User
Re: How long does a cold last?

Hi artbuggy3

I think that it depends on the type of cold/virus in which you contacted. My dh has a cold and now has the cough , 10 days today for him. I also caught it and today is day 7 for me.

Mine started with my back burning,the next day it was aching all over for 2 more days...then 2 days of stuffed up nose and a couple of days with the cough.It is no fun for sure and I am still not up to par...hubby handled his much better then I and he even admits to this lol

Your immune system would play a big role with the " how long" too I would think. If you have had this cough for 3 weeks in all honesty you should make an appointment to go see your dr. just to rule out anything too serious as one never knows.

All the best to you and I sure hope that you are feeling better soon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 10:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: How long does a cold last?

I really agree with Bee...there really is no set time frame to how long these things last....

I came down with a nasty cold on the 10th....lasted about five days....But then again I've had colds in the past that have lasted 2 weeks...*Shrugs*

Feel better!

Closed Thread