It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

bodysong HB User
dry throat

My cold started 3 days ago, my throat and glands feeling really sore. At the moment I'm having Meltus cough medecine and paracetemal.
I was coughing quite a lot yesterday which made my chest ache. It's not as bad now but I'm worried about the tickle I get in my throat every so often. It feels really dry and like there's a hair in my throat. It makes me choke, my eyes water, breathing in causes me to choke again, nearly gagging.
It really gets me in a panic , the way it stops you from breathing and feels like you're gonna choke to death. I never used to get this until about 4 years ago.

Is there anything that can help or prevent it?

P.S.
I heard about a drug called Zicam which apparently can shorten the length of a cold. Does anyone know if it's available in England? If not a website I can order it from?

Old 02-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
(female)

bodysong HB User
Re: dry throat

The last 2 nights have been terrible. As soon as I lye down on my side, my throat wants to cough on every breath. I took paracetemal, cough medecine, cold sweets but nothing helped. I had to lye there breathing really cautiously trying not to cough. I've raised it to 3 pillows now. I hate anything that affects breathing. It's like torture.

I'm wondering if I'm making things worse when I try not to cough. Maybe it's better to cough more even thoguh it hurts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread