It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #1

aprille8 HB User
Unhappy Dry cough and lost my voice

It started about 4 days ago. The first thing I noticed wrong was head congestion (major headache) all day long. The second and third day my voice was hoarse and I felt tired. But my job requires me to make a lot of annoucement over the intercom. I should have stop there. Its day number 4 and I awoke this morning to my surprise, I can barely spead above a whisper. And I felt fatigue today. I had someone help me today at work. But THANK GOD IS FRIDAY TODAY. But my daughter has a Birthday Party this Sunday. I don't cough much but my throat hurts if I speak. And my throat tickles alot. Any suggestions. I have too many things going to get ready for her BD party.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Dry cough and lost my voice

Hi, sounds exactly what I had before Christmas....but I tried to fight it off for a week before I lost my voice. I wasn't improving at all. My doctor put me on Clavulin for 14 days. So far so good.
A few years ago, I had lost my voice for 4 months...finally, a round of meds got me back to speaking without straining. My larynx was severely inflammed.

Hope you feel better soon,
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 02-21-2004 at 12:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User
Re: Dry cough and lost my voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprille8
It started about 4 days ago. The first thing I noticed wrong was head congestion (major headache) all day long. The second and third day my voice was hoarse and I felt tired. But my job requires me to make a lot of annoucement over the intercom. I should have stop there. Its day number 4 and I awoke this morning to my surprise, I can barely spead above a whisper. And I felt fatigue today. I had someone help me today at work. But THANK GOD IS FRIDAY TODAY. But my daughter has a Birthday Party this Sunday. I don't cough much but my throat hurts if I speak. And my throat tickles alot. Any suggestions. I have too many things going to get ready for her BD party.

Uh oh. Sounds like u have the cold or flu. Rest a lot and drink lots of fluid. Take lots of vitamins and echinacea - which helps boost up your immune system. Try not to speak these few days and try to hold in your cough. Because everytime you cough it irritates your throat even more. That's what I can only suggest because having a cold will go away by itself eventually. But resting and drinking lots of liquid (flush it down and out of your system)does speed up the healing process.

Hope ya feel better!

Closed Thread