It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #1

jojojen HB User
New strain of cold?

Does anyone know of a new strain of cold going around? These are the symptoms:

Starts off with usual sctrachy throat, progresses into nasal congestions and sneezing. Goes away after about 3-4 days then cough appears, at first light then heavy, itchy coughing. Then at about 3 days in cough, congestion starts again, headache then congestion, although slight, in the ears.

I still have it, and have had it for nearly two weeks now. Also my baby has it and so does my husband. Friends who have been sick have reported similar symptoms which change frequently upto 10 days. I have never had a cold like this before, one that goes away then comes back again so soon.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Old 03-01-2004, 06:23 PM   #2
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User
Re: New strain of cold?

YES!! I did about christmas time and then the symptoms lessened by the first week of feb and now it is back again. My sister had it also.

Last edited by artbuggy3; 03-01-2004 at 06:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
(female)

terrible_static HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbuggy3
YES!! I did about christmas time and then the symptoms lessened by the first week of feb and now it is back again. My sister had it also.
My whole family had a cold/flu about 2 weeks ago...and it's BACK! Craziest thing ever. I have no idea what it is or why it happens, I just hope it doesn't last. NO FUN! Take Care!

Old 03-04-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

BigMomma24 HB User

Yes, I have had this darn thing for what seems like forever!!! I can't get rid of this cough, which the doctor said is bronchitis, and now my daughter has it. I have sinus pressure, headaches, and the cough brings up this phlegm. My daughter is running a fever with this cough, and we're going to the doctor tomorrow to see if she has an infection. But it just will not go away... or it will go away and then come back a few days later.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #5

Jim Hayes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojen
Does anyone know of a new strain of cold going around? These are the symptoms:

Starts off with usual sctrachy throat, progresses into nasal congestions and sneezing. Goes away after about 3-4 days then cough appears, at first light then heavy, itchy coughing. Then at about 3 days in cough, congestion starts again, headache then congestion, although slight, in the ears.

I still have it, and have had it for nearly two weeks now. Also my baby has it and so does my husband. Friends who have been sick have reported similar symptoms which change frequently upto 10 days. I have never had a cold like this before, one that goes away then comes back again so soon.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, it is going around here in North Miami Beach.
A number of people I work with had it bad with 102F fever, then goes away for three days and comes back with a vengence.
Thankfully everybody recoverd.
I play it safe and always see a doctor when something comes back again or gets worse.

Closed Thread