It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2004, 06:28 PM   #1

jsmom HB User
Unhappy Any suggestions for bronchitis?

My son and I have had an upper respiratory infection for three days now. We went to the Dr. today and they said that it has to take its course. However; we are having an extremely hard time breathing, in the sinuses and chest, with not much coming up. We are taking Robitusin DM, Sudafed, Echinacea, inhaler, Vitamin C, Zinc, you name it, we probably have it. We also have a humidifier going non stop. It has made us extremely tired and very dizzy. Anyone heard of this, and any suggestions to get rid of it? I want to breath and feel normal again! Thank you. Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Any suggestions for bronchitis?

I am surprised you were not given an antibiotic. The upper respiratory bug that hit this year is very difficult to kill. I am starting my second round of antibiotics. It always does a number on me in the form of bronchitis.

"Mucinex" is used to control mucous and help get rid of mucous from the bronchi. This is over the counter.

You may need to get a second opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2004, 02:51 PM   #3

jsmom HB User
Re: Any suggestions for bronchitis?

Hello, I was told it was a viral infection, not bacterial, and that antibiotics will do nothing for it; however, they said that doesn't mean that it may turn into a bacterial which will then need an antibiotic.
I'll look into the Mucinex. Thank you for that info.
This is miserable. Everyone here seems to have it, and it is lasting around two weeks, and the majority are not getting any antibiotics for it.
This has been a hard winter for colds/flus.

Closed Thread