It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 04:19 PM   #1
Veteran

bluetooth HB User
Question very very persistent cold

I have had cold/flu like symptoms for about on and off two to three months. Ive been on three sets of anti biotics which cured it for a short period of time but the cough and the nose congestion always returns. I have problems with stress and i become run down alot. My cough (as ive been told) sounds like exhaustion but i think i have a virus thats not finished running its course.

i cough up thick yellow mucus. My doctor says that because i have one cold, doesn't mean im immune to others that can follow. He sent me for a blood test just to outline possible blood infection, and im awaiting on the results which are most likely to be negative.

Is it possible that i could be showing signs of asthma or an allergy? I am really clueless of to why im always getting a bad cough and nose congestion.
Please help

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
Veteran

bluetooth HB User
Re: very very persistent cold

It turns out now, that i just have thick coloured mucus (yellow/green) - alternates ) lying in my throat and a congested nose?

Please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #3

jsmom HB User

Unfortunately I don't have any advice, just know that you're not alone. There are a lot of people this winter that can't seem to kick this cold or flu. I know some people that it just keeps coming back for them. I don't think they are all taking antibiotics though. Some are, some aren't. I got a month and a half break in between mine but my cold came back. I'm on my third antibiotic this winter.
These viruses are getting harder and harder to kill.
I hope you feel better soon.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth
It turns out now, that i just have thick coloured mucus (yellow/green) - alternates ) lying in my throat and a congested nose?

Please help!!
Yellow green means infection usually. Clear is ok but once it starts turning yellowish greenish you need something from the Doc. It's going around big time this year and everyone has it. Lots of liquids till you see Doc.

Old 03-18-2004, 01:19 AM   #5

dynagirl HB User

I too have been fighting sickness this winter like never before. Starting in October I had a cold, then another cold, then a sinus infection then the flu, then another cold. I feel like I've been sick all winter. It's more sickness than I have in an average year. And I'm still blowing and coughing a few times a day even though it's been over a month since that last cold came on. It seems like that cold I got in October just never really went away.

Last edited by dynagirl; 03-18-2004 at 01:22 AM.

Closed Thread