It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Abbey32 HB User
Help Please-what's wrong with me?

I get colds so much..I have had about 10 just this past winter alone. Colds, flus, stomach flus. But now....a few days ago it started out as a head cold...stuffy nose, headache, small cough...lasted about a week and I started to feel like I was getting better but that night, I got the chills, aches, horrible headache, weak and nausea. No throwing up or diareah. It's been 3 days now I feel no better. What on earth could it be? The aches are awful...especially in my back and neck. Could it be a parasite, cold, flu...something more serious? I'm so tired of getting sick.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #2

luvmyboys HB User
Re: Help Please-what's wrong with me?

It could be that your cold turned into a sinus infection. They can make you pretty miserable. Strep throat can also cause those symptoms. I just went to the doctor because my kids have strep and I was starting to get a cold and wanted to be sure I wasn't getting strep. My older son didn't even have a fever or sore throat. He was only very pale and tired and had weak legs. My younger son had no symptoms. I only took him to the doctor because of the older one having it. He had achy legs yesterday though. My strep was negative and we are treating our dog for strep also because dogs are natural carriers and this is our second time in a month that we've had it. My doctor gave me a prescription to fil if I'm not noticing any improvement by the weekend. He said colds only last 7 to 10 days and if you're not better or improving then your immune system needs help and you probably have an infection by that time.

Anyway, just some thoughts for you. Take care. Let me know how you're doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread